• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Neto's first three weeks

Hubs

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

I've watched as much video on Neto as anyone, I think, before he was promoted, and even I'm very surprised by what I'm seeing. 

The way he's carried himself, there's nothing too big for him. I've never seen a prospect walk in like he belongs like that before. 

Defensively, I knew he had a good arm but his actions are so much smoother and more athletic than I expected..

And finally, his two strike approach. I knew he got rid of the kick, and he had got very well, but I didn't anticipate it translate so will to the majors. 

He should be the starting shortstop for the next decade. 

Thanks, Minasain.  What a huge plus he can hit lead off, the power will come.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Good article with quotes from Thames and Nevin.

Kind of stupid how he wouldn't get college offers when there's so many major leaguers with incredible careers, past and present, who have high leg kicks. 

Nothing really to see here. 

When we asked Chase Silseth who impressed him the most when he was with the Trash Pandas late last season, whether it was a teammate or opposing player, he said:

AngelsWin.com - Chase Silseth Interview-high.gif

"Neto, when he first got here, you know, lit it up. But what kind of impressed me the most, was when he got hit, like, four times in his wrist, but he just, kind of, kept going. And, you know, because you’re in pain, and fight through it, that’s what really impressed me. That’s what got me to like him a lot. You know, it probably doesn’t feel good to get hit in the wrist once, much less, like, three or four times, and fouled off couple off his foot just to be able to just stay in there and grind it out. That got my respect."

Full Interview:

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Kind of stupid how he wouldn't get college offers when there's so many major leaguers with incredible careers, past and present, who have high leg kicks. 

Nothing really to see here. 

Did you read the article? "Nothing really to see here"? That's so dismissive. It's a good article and there's no reason to post something like that.

I mentioned this in the GameDay thread but @Chuckster70 you need to reach out to the Angels and see if you can get this done for the next homestand when he leads off since there is more time for a walk up.

Have the video board run a Montague of his hit by pitches while playing Chumbawamba's Tubthumping (I get knocked down) instead of his walk up music. Yes, they may call delay of game while everyone tries to stop laughing. 

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Did you read the article? "Nothing really to see here"? That's so dismissive. It's a good article and there's no reason to post something like that.

I haven't been a subscriber to The Athletic for a long time now. It was getting to be redundant following and reading essentially the same stories about the Angels and their players. 

Didn't mean to come across as negative toward Sam Blum's article. It was nothing to see for me since I don't get why dumb ass colleges wouldn't give him an offer based on a leg kick which has proven to be successful for some major league all-stars over the years. 

I did like Blum's feature story he did on Scott Spiezio when I was a subscriber and I have said as much in the past that he does some good work, I'm just not a fan of the angles he takes with the fans in writing/tweeting stories that feel like they've come from a TMZ reporter. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I haven't been a subscriber to The Athletic for a long time now. It was getting to be redundant following and reading essentially the same stories about the Angels and their players. 

Didn't mean to come across as negative toward Sam Blum's article. It was nothing to see for me since I don't get why dumb ass colleges wouldn't give him an offer based on a leg kick which has proven to be successful for some major league all-stars over the years. 

I did like Blum's feature story he did on Scott Spiezio when I was a subscriber and I have said as much in the past that he does some good work, I'm just not a fan of the angles he takes with the fans in writing/tweeting stories that feel like they've come from a TMZ reporter. 

So, like I thought, you didn't read it.  Dumb comment to make on this article in particular. There's absolutely nothing dramatic or negative in it, nor anything that feels like it comes from a "TMZ reporter."

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So, like I thought, you didn't read it.  Dumb comment to make on this article in particular. There's absolutely nothing dramatic or negative in it, nor anything that feels like it comes from a "TMZ reporter."

I never said there was anything dramatic or negative in that article. Re-read what I posted. 

Said that in general that's why I don't follow him on Twitter. I also said that I don't subscribe to The Athletic, which is why I didn't read the article, because I'm already following Jeff Fletcher and reading the OC Register for my daily Angels coverage, plus doing my own research. 

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I also said that I don't subscribe to The Athletic, which is why I didn't read the article, because I'm already following Jeff Fletcher and reading the OC Register for my daily Angels coverage, plus doing my own research. 

First of all, research from the bunk doesn’t really count (unless it’s about Ohtani), and second now that you’re a big time podcast star more and more will be expected of you.  More sources, more original thinking, more hot takes.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I mentioned this in the GameDay thread but @Chuckster70 you need to reach out to the Angels and see if you can get this done for the next homestand when he leads off since there is more time for a walk up.

Have the video board run a Montague of his hit by pitches while playing Chumbawamba's Tubthumping (I get knocked down) instead of his walk up music. Yes, they may call delay of game while everyone tries to stop laughing. 

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

It would be funny, in an "It's the Angels" kind of way, by "new person" he meant because he has a hook for a hand now.

"I feel like a new person. I have to wipe my ass left handed now. It's like being on another planet".

(This is coming from someone who's broken his hand several times.)(it's weirder than you think)(I had a stick shift truck for two different breaks when I was younger)(the wiping the ass part was the worst)(the euro grip was surprisingly pleasant).(yes I've been drinking)