• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland A's (OPENING DAY) March 30th, 2023

Chuck

I have watched every Preseason game this year (as I have done in the past) and am amazed at the talent depth we have this year. In the last several years, the talent depth  has always been quite low ... in preseason games when the Angel roster players left the field as is customary during preseason, the players replacing them were, in general, disappointing. Not this year! Our AAA and our AA players look outstanding, some capable of climbing up without a lot of problems, and many of those that will be playing at San Bernardino or Tri-Cities look good. I am elated. The Angels will have lots of depth in both the infield and outfield to help when needed and there are lots of guys at AAA or AA that could step onto Anaheim Stadium without compromising the quality of the team. And if a weakness develops, we do have the talent to make decent trades where we can win the trade. 

The Angels ... my Angels as I have been an Angel fan since my father first took me to Wrigley Field in Los Angeles in the late 1940s to watch Pacific Coast League Baseball (yes, I'm 81) ... will be an outstanding team this year, will challenge Houston for the American League West Championship, even though the ALW may be the best division in Baseball with World Champs Houston, a much better Seattle (better than last year when they were a playoff team), an improved Texas, and Oakland (who claims they have improved) competing against the Angels.

I am not saying "Let's win, Angels", it's unnecessary, because they will win and win and win many games this year. Ah, heck ... Let's go Angels, and let's start a great season with a win tonight against those hated Athletics.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Late March/Early April is awesome because we all still have hope for this team. It would be nice for the team to live up to our expectations this season 

our only world series title came in a season that started on march 31, fwiw.