• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland A's (OPENING DAY) March 30th, 2023

Chuck

I haven't really thought this through yet. But as a general impression over the last half dozen or so years, it seems something intangible is missing collectively within the organization. Call it an inferiority complex, maybe. Just very little self assurance and calmness in clutch situations. From players and managers. Too much pressing and nervousness under pressure.

I think it starts at ownership level with so many mixed messages and inconsistent decisions. And filters down through the rest of the organization.  

No one expects perfection or perfect consistency. But for years this franchise hasn't maximized it's potential. Improved confidence and leadership could be so important getting the most out of the team.  

39 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

I haven't really thought this through yet. But as a general impression over the last half dozen or so years, it seems something intangible is missing collectively within the organization. Call it an inferiority complex, maybe. Just very little self assurance and calmness in clutch situations. From players and managers. Too much pressing and nervousness under pressure.

I think it starts at ownership level with so many mixed messages and inconsistent decisions. And filters down through the rest of the organization.  

No one expects perfection or perfect consistency. But for years this franchise hasn't maximized it's potential. Improved confidence and leadership could be so important getting the most out of the team.  

Good post, I think you may be on to something there. There has been a large gap between player potential and actual results for too long.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

@Jeff Fletcher did anyone ask Phil why he didn’t leave Herget out there to face Ruiz or why Phillips didn’t try to steal 2B after he came in as a pinch runner?

Phil himself volunteered that he could have left Herget out there. He didn’t really say why he didn’t but he seemed to be regretting it. 

And no one asked about Phillips.