• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels option Adell, Moniak, and Velazquez, reassign Joyce, Bachman, and others

mmc

On 3/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, Docwaukee said:

I think Perry is on the hot seat for sure.  Flat out Arte said he wanted Turner.  Who promptly went out and had a monster WBC.  Arte would have eaten that up.   Instead of the pieces approach.  I really think Nevin is going to be beholden to a relatively predetermined plan for the pen.  

But Nevin is only as safe as Perry.  And Perry isn't safe if this doesn't go well unless it's because of catastrophic and nearly unprecedented injury.  

This is a very important season for this org.  It feels like they've gone outside their usual and customary approach to building a team this year.  Doing it this way for one year and then scrapping it if it doesn't work isn't fair but I think that's what will happen if the guys Perry picked have a bunch of bad seasons.  

Nevin's job is to not be an idiot.  ie, to not think he's smarter than the game.   Personally, the more I see of him, the more I like him.  I don't think Perry keeps him if he wasn't confident in him being collaborative with the FO.  

It's the big Ohtani elephant question that has me concerned..... If the Angels whiff on the playoffs then him leaving will really push the organization towards the idea of a mini-rebuild.

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It's the big Ohtani elephant question that has me concerned..... If the Angels whiff on the playoffs then him leaving will really push the organization towards the idea of a mini-rebuild.

If Ohtani leaves, the team kinda does need at least a mini-rebuild, though, doesn't it?  Renfroe and Urshela are free agents after this year, Drury (who I don't really have faith in, anyway) is signed through '24, Loup and Tepera are free agents after this year, Estevez is signed through '24, who knows if Fletcher will ever return to his old form, same with Walsh, etc. 

I'd argue that even if Ohtani stays, next off-season will be an interesting one, given all the holes they'll have to fill.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:57 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

For those of you who watched the games this spring.

How did Adell look? Did he seem to have improved at all? I didn't catch any games, but don't remember hearing much good said about him this spring.

Which is pretty disappointing. Really starting to feel like he's never going to make it as anything special.

on one of the games last week, within the opening minutes of the broadcast, i think it was o'neal who said that adell has been excellent in the OF this spring. take that for what it's worth, but the angels PR machine is in full swing.

in the games i watched this spring, as someone else said, i didn't notice him doing his typical keystone cop routine in the outfield.

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

If Ohtani leaves, the team kinda does need at least a mini-rebuild, though, doesn't it? 

It just depends on how the rest of the team looks and how the prospects develop.

If a few pitchers and a few position players take steps forward, they may not need a mini-rebuild.

19 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

If Ohtani leaves, the team kinda does need at least a mini-rebuild, though, doesn't it?  Renfroe and Urshela are free agents after this year, Drury (who I don't really have faith in, anyway) is signed through '24, Loup and Tepera are free agents after this year, Estevez is signed through '24, who knows if Fletcher will ever return to his old form, same with Walsh, etc. 

I'd argue that even if Ohtani stays, next off-season will be an interesting one, given all the holes they'll have to fill.

Definitely makes this season more crucial than ever. 

If Ohtani left, they'd have to try and make the rebuild as minimal as possible (again). Trout isn't getting any younger and turns 32 this season. Yikes.