• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Brandon Drury, Jake Lamb hit homers in Angels’ blowout victory over Royals

THE GAME: The Angels scored four runs in the first inning and seven in the third, including a grand slam by Jake Lamb, in a 12-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Friday in Tempe, Ariz. The Angels improved to 13-5-2 this spring.

PITCHING REPORT: Left-hander José Suarez gave up one run in four innings, with three strikeouts and two walks. Suarez has allowed four earned runs in 8-2/3 innings this spring. … Right-hander Ben Joyce hit 104 mph on the final pitch of his scoreless inning, Manager Phil Nevin said. Joyce struck out two, including one hitter who was ruled to have swung while he was getting out of the way of a pitch at his feet. Joyce also hit a batter. He has not allowed a run yet this spring. … Right-hander Sam Bachman, one of the Angels’ top pitching prospects, pitched a scoreless inning with two strikeouts in his second outing of the spring. He had not pitched since Feb. 26, missing some time with what the Angels called “soreness.” Bachman is expected to be built up as a starter in the minors. … Right-hander Austin Warren worked two scoreless innings, with three strikeouts and no walks. Warren has eight strikeouts and no walks in seven innings this spring.

HITTING REPORT: Brandon Drury hit a two-run homer in the first inning, his fourth extra-base hit in a span of seven at-bats. Drury has two homers this spring, with a 1.086 OPS in 31 plate appearances. Drury fouled a ball off his calf before the homer, and it tightened up on him so he left the game after two at-bats, according to Nevin, who added that Joyce will pitch again on Saturday. … Gio Urshela hit a line drive that just beyond the reach of diving center fielder Dairon Blanco. The ball rolled to the fence as Urshela cruised into third with a triple. It was his first at-bat after returning from playing for Colombia in the World Baseball Classic. He was 2 for 3. … Anthony Rendon doubled off the center field fence, driving in a run. He had two hits, improving to 8 for 18 (.444) with a 1.357 OPS this spring. … Jared Walsh had two hits, including a double when left fielder Tyler Gentry lost a ball in the sun. … Jake Lamb had an RBI double to go with his grand slam. Lamb is 9 for 26 (.346) with a 1.087 OPS this spring.

DEFENSE REPORT: Rendon, the third baseman, tried to make a backhand play on a sharp one-hopper, but the ball ricocheted off his glove for a hit. … Andrew Velazquez, who is normally an infielder, played center field for the fourth time this spring.

UP NEXT: Angels vs. Rangers, Saturday, 1 p.m. PT, Tempe Diablo Stadium, Bally Sports West, 830 AM

View the full article

1 hour ago, Revad said:

So they’ll see how he does pitching on back to back days.

No. That was supposed to say Drury. I brainlocked when I wrote it. It was quickly corrected. That’s why you should click the links to read the stories at the OCR and not what’s here. 

Probably 75 percent of the stories get some update after they are initially published and you’ll never read those here. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. That was supposed to say Drury. I brainlocked when I wrote it. It was quickly corrected. That’s why you should click the links to read the stories at the OCR and not what’s here. 

Probably 75 percent of the stories get some update after they are initially published and you’ll never read those here. 

Wouldn't it be better if AW just posted a snippet with a link rather than the full article? 

@Jeff Fletcher is there a way someone on your tech team can make your RSS feed just post the opening snippet followed by a link to the article? That's not something I can control on my end. 

Also, let me know if you'd like us to stop importing these articles. We've done it for sometime now but I want to do what you think is best. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Jeff Fletcher is there a way someone on your tech team can make your RSS feed just post the opening snippet followed by a link to the article? That's not something I can control on my end. 

Also, let me know if you'd like us to stop importing these articles. We've done it for sometime now but I want to do what you think is best. 

I'd love to just have a snippet and then a link to the article. I don't think OCR gets anything if they don't get clicks.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I haven't lived in OC since the Ford administration but I subscribed 3 years ago. You cheap fucks can do it

It's funny when old dudes feel entitled to get someone else's intellectual property for free. 

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I actually talked to the tech team a while ago about this and they didn’t seem inclined to fix it. I think probably hardly anyone uses the RSS feed. 

Honestly I’m torn. I appreciate that you have picked my stories to highlight here, and you add to my readership. But I also know that you’re not getting the best version of the stories here and the OCR is not getting any benefit in terms of clicks or subscribers, so it’s sub-optimal for both sides of the equation. 

On 3/18/2023 at 6:39 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

I actually talked to the tech team a while ago about this and they didn’t seem inclined to fix it. I think probably hardly anyone uses the RSS feed. 

Honestly I’m torn. I appreciate that you have picked my stories to highlight here, and you add to my readership. But I also know that you’re not getting the best version of the stories here and the OCR is not getting any benefit in terms of clicks or subscribers, so it’s sub-optimal for both sides of the equation. 

@Jeff Fletcher unless you feel differently let's keep them. Now that our members/readers know that this is the first edition published and newer updates are not added to the original posted here I hope they will want to click on the link and subscribe so that they get the final updated version of the story. 

In addition to that, I will create an OC Register ad to our sidebar on our homepage and forums page that will bring them to your OC Register Angels Subscribe page. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Jeff Fletcher unless you feel differently let's keep them. Now that our members/readers know that this is the first edition published and newer updates are not added to the original posted here I hope they will want to click on the link and subscribe so that they get the final updated version of the story. 

In addition to that, I will create an OC Register ad to our sidebar on our homepage and forums page that will bring them to your OC Register Angels Subscribe page. 

@Jeff Fletcher these images are clickable links to this page: https://checkout.ocregister.com/

Desktop: 

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 7.33.35 PM.png

Mobile:

IMG_6391.jpg

31 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Just raise the ad free cost and build in a subscription for X amount of months. User gets no ads and “free” ocr access for 18 months potentially at a discounted rate via threshold signups. 

Cross promotion with mutually beneficial outcomes. 

The OCR does have group or organization subscriptions, I believe. I’m not sure how it works or how much it costs. 

edit: https://www.ocregister.com/group-subscriptions/

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

You should make a separate thread about this so people can understand chuck.  I just happened upon this discussion as it was a thread with content I hadn't read.  I had no idea that Jeff and the OCR got zero credit for us reading their stuff.