• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon on clubhouse culture under Maddon vs. Nevin "I'm not going to answer that question, because then it's going to look like I'm shitting on Joe"

mmc

I liked Maddon, every manager has his unique style.  I also like Nevin, and I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.  They are different.  I also liked Mike S., not everyone did but it's hard to dislike him when he was instrumental in giving us a World Series Champion.  I would say all three of these managers had unique personalities, and I enjoyed following them and seeing their approach.  I get tired of the criticism of managers, I know it's a major part of the game for all teams and all managers, but I find it tiring looking for faults all of the time.  Let's have a positive year for a change.  Just keep focused on the goal....the playoffs.

2 hours ago, tomsred said:

I liked Maddon, every manager has his unique style.  I also like Nevin, and I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.  They are different.

I think Nevin’s personality is a better fit for this team.

Maddon was laid back, and I feel like Angels teams were too complacent in recent seasons.

Rendon mentioned Nevin holding players accountable, which makes me think Maddon didn’t do that.

4 hours ago, Trendon said:

I think Nevin’s personality is a better fit for this team.

Maddon was laid back, and I feel like Angels teams were too complacent in recent seasons.

Rendon mentioned Nevin holding players accountable, which makes me think Maddon didn’t do that.

i don't think maddon was laid back at all while he was the manager of the angels. i think it's pretty self evident that he was controlling and manipulative. his own words, actions, and his book where he confesses to it as much. one barely has to even read between the lines.

i remember nevin as a padre and he was hot headed. i'm sure he's mellowed a tad, but those personality types are way too direct to connive behind the scenes, they'd just rather call you an asshole and tell you fuck off.

18 hours ago, tomsred said:

I liked Maddon, every manager has his unique style.  I also like Nevin, and I wouldn't say that one is better than the other.  They are different.  I also liked Mike S., not everyone did but it's hard to dislike him when he was instrumental in giving us a World Series Champion.  I would say all three of these managers had unique personalities, and I enjoyed following them and seeing their approach.  I get tired of the criticism of managers, I know it's a major part of the game for all teams and all managers, but I find it tiring looking for faults all of the time.  Let's have a positive year for a change.  Just keep focused on the goal....the playoffs.

But… did you like Brad Ausmus?