• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Scouting report from 2 years ago gives him decent/solid scores on FB, curve, and change.   High relief floor in one inning stints, but can be fringy with control/command.

He'd be an interesting pickup.  Another guy who just got DFA'd that I'd be interested in is AJ Alexy.  Scouting reports are favorable enough.  He has been used as a SP, but he seems more like he'd be a solid reliever instead.  Rangers DFA'd him a month ago, then Nationals picked him up with their #1 priority slot, and now they just DFA'd him as well to put Smith on the roster.

He was a 40+ FV prospect in the 2022 Fangraphs scouting report.  Has 1 option year remaining - might be worth a flyer.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Are you guys ok with the pitching.  Seriously I’m scared.

I'd like another starter.  But someone at least decent.  Not some scrub.  But in general, yes.  They have a decent mix of guys like Barria and Davidson who are sort of the occasional start guys and then others like Rodriguez, Bush, Silseth and Canning who have strong upside.  Plus a few others that can chew up a few starts if needed which are usually those types who have gotten DFA'd here and there and mostly end up at AAA depth like Valdez and Rosenberg.  And then there's even a few AA guys who could find their way in the bigs at some point this year.  

They'll probably at least add an arm or two into the Valdez Rosenberg pool.  But this is about what most, even good teams, have as far as depth for 6-12 in their org.  

1 hour ago, Revad said:

I'm largely okay with it.  I think just about every team has depth concerns once you start going down to SP8, SP9, etc.

For us, we are currently 5 deep.  Beyond the 5, we have various options for SP6 - Silseth, maybe Canning, maybe CRod.  Bush, who pitched the entire year in AA, probably won't be too far off.  I think that should largely suffice, for the most part.  If we start going down to SP10, well, most teams would struggle at that point.

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Our bullpen is mediocre and the rotation should be above average as is, right now. But Perry better not be done, if he really wants to make the playoffs. 

They're still a good starter and a good reliever away from being a 90 win team in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

It sure is.  A lot of potential there.  Could still develop into a good SP, but even if he doesn't, he should ultimately be a very good reliever.  I imagine he'll start back at AA to start the year.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him factor into the Angels 2023 plans.

If he looks like he can get MLB hitters out, Perry isn’t afraid to have players make the jump. He just needs to stay healthy and be stable.

PROJECTED 2026 LINEUP

Catcher: Logan O'Hoppe (26)
First Base: Jared Walsh (32)
Second Base: David Fletcher (32)
Third Base: Luis Rengifo (29)
Shortstop: Zach Neto (25)
Left Field: Jo Adell (27)
Center Field: Mike Trout (34)
Right Field: Taylor Ward (31)
Designated Hitter: Anthony Rendon (36)

No. 1 Starter: Patrick Sandoval (29)
No. 2 Starter: Reid Detmers (26)
No. 3 Starter: Jose Suarez (28)
No. 4 Starter: Chase Silseth (26)
No. 5 Starter: Ky Bush (26)
Closer: Sam Bachman (26)

BEST TOOLS

Best Hitter for Average: Zach Neto
Best Power Hitter: Jeremiah Jackson
Best Strike-Zone Discipline: Michael Stefanic
Fastest Baserunner: Jordyn Adams
Best Athlete: Jordyn Adams
Best Fastball: Ben Joyce
Best Curveball: Chris Rodriguez
Best Slider: Sam Bachman
Best Changeup: Ryan Costeiu
Best Control: Landon Marceaux
Best Defensive Catcher: Logan O'Hoppe
Best Defensive Infielder: Zach Neto
Best Infield Arm: Zach Neto
Best Defensive Outfielder: Bryce Teodosio
Best Outfield Arm: Jadiel Sanchez

seeing that 2026 lineup makes me realize how much we need to keep Ohtani.  

also going to be very interesting to see where Paris lands.  He's not nearly as well thought of by the major publications.  And I'm wondering if he's gotten some AW momentum because of his strong showing in AA.  I'm still buying in on that being real and looking forward to what he does in AA this year.  

With a 6 man rotation, I would like to go into the season saying, I've got 6 guys...and three in reserve that could work for injuries.

Now we know who 1-5 are, and so 6-9 would be Silseth, Canning, Garza, Daniel? Barria? C-Rod?

Plus Bachman, Ky Bush, and other depth in the minors. Did they bring back Rosenberg?

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

also going to be very interesting to see where Paris lands.  He's not nearly as well thought of by the major publications.  And I'm wondering if he's gotten some AW momentum because of his strong showing in AA.  I'm still buying in on that being real and looking forward to what he does in AA this year.  

Exactly, how many teams annually contend with 4/5 of their rotation being lefties?

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I'm bullish on him.  He was a 2nd round pick, very young but had good potential.  He is still very young, but had a very solid final few months, including his incredible AA finish.  I think he has a legitimate future here.  I could see a Neto / Paris SS/2B combination in about 2 years time, if the FO and player development team can help them realize their potential.

5 hours ago, sportstr44 said:

PROJECTED 2026 LINEUP

Catcher: Logan O'Hoppe (26)
First Base: Jared Walsh (32)
Second Base: David Fletcher (32)
Third Base: Luis Rengifo (29)
Shortstop: Zach Neto (25)
Left Field: Jo Adell (27)
Center Field: Mike Trout (34)
Right Field: Taylor Ward (31)
Designated Hitter: Anthony Rendon (36)

No. 1 Starter: Patrick Sandoval (29)
No. 2 Starter: Reid Detmers (26)
No. 3 Starter: Jose Suarez (28)
No. 4 Starter: Chase Silseth (26)
No. 5 Starter: Ky Bush (26)
Closer: Sam Bachman (26)

BEST TOOLS

Best Hitter for Average: Zach Neto
Best Power Hitter: Jeremiah Jackson
Best Strike-Zone Discipline: Michael Stefanic
Fastest Baserunner: Jordyn Adams
Best Athlete: Jordyn Adams
Best Fastball: Ben Joyce
Best Curveball: Chris Rodriguez
Best Slider: Sam Bachman
Best Changeup: Ryan Costeiu
Best Control: Landon Marceaux
Best Defensive Catcher: Logan O'Hoppe
Best Defensive Infielder: Zach Neto
Best Infield Arm: Zach Neto
Best Defensive Outfielder: Bryce Teodosio
Best Outfield Arm: Jadiel Sanchez

As mentioned by @Docwaukee, that's a pretty weak lineup.  I think Paris can take over 2B.  Blakely has a very long way to go, but he had a strong finish last year, and perhaps he can develop before Rendon has to get shifted off of 1B.

More than anything else though, what this does signify to me is there needs to be a significant talent infusion in the OF.  Even if Ward becomes a legit producer, the teams needs to have some draft and development successes in the OF.  

So basically, looking at that 2026 lineup, indicates to me that the Angels window of contention is probably 2023-2024, unless they plan to spend big in free agency. Beyond that, they'll need a lot of young guys to step up and fill some big shoes. 

Without being overly optimistic or pessimistic, I think there's a high degree of likelihood the Angels are about to enter a rebuilding phase. While Perry has done an admirable job building depth this offseason, I think Ohtani is going to be going to someone that's been a contender for longer, that has more of a stable front office and coaching staff in place. Just guessing, either the Dodgers, Padres, Mariners or Mets. 

And whoever the new owner is, he's going to want to use his man in the GM spot, not someone else's. So next offseason, I think the Angels will have a new owner, new GM, new manager, everything. And while the new owner will eventually spend to keep up with the big boys, I think they'll start with selling off parts to create a wave of incoming talent that will arrive in that 2026 timeframe we are looking at. 

So I think after next season, they're going to start shipping off parts with value that aren't going to be part of that 2026+ core. Probably not Trout or Rendon, but maybe Ward, Walsh, Stassi, Drury, Urshela, Anderson, Fletcher, Rengifo....

But on the bright side, the top prospects lists will be much more stacked than they've ever been before, with a new crop of international signings, high draft picks and higher upside acquisitions. 

And then in 2026/2027, we'll see the new owner start going bonkers and kind of force open that window of contention with a younger, better core. 

Edited by Second Base

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

With a 6 man rotation, I would like to go into the season saying, I've got 6 guys...and three in reserve that could work for injuries.

Now we know who 1-5 are, and so 6-9 would be Silseth, Canning, Garza, Daniel? Barria? C-Rod?

Plus Bachman, Ky Bush, and other depth in the minors. Did they bring back Rosenberg?

6-9 right now is Canning, Davidson, Rodriguez, and Silseth.

Garza is a reliever.

Yes, Rosenberg is back. He’s off the 40-man, but on the AAA roster.

27 minutes ago, Second Base said:

So basically, looking at that 2026 lineup, indicates to me that the Angels window of contention is probably 2023-2024, unless they plan to spend big in free agency. Beyond that, they'll need a lot of young guys to step up and fill some big shoes. 

Without being overly optimistic or pessimistic, I think there's a high degree of likelihood the Angels are about to enter a rebuilding phase. While Perry has done an admirable job building depth this offseason, I think Ohtani is going to be going to someone that's been a contender for longer, that has more of a stable front office and coaching staff in place. Just guessing, either the Dodgers, Padres, Mariners or Mets. 

And whoever the new owner is, he's going to want to use his man in the GM spot, not someone else's. So next offseason, I think the Angels will have a new owner, new GM, new manager, everything. And while the new owner will eventually spend to keep up with the big boys, I think they'll start with selling off parts to create a wave of incoming talent that will arrive in that 2026 timeframe we are looking at. 

So I think after next season, they're going to start shipping off parts with value that aren't going to be part of that 2026+ core. Probably not Trout or Rendon, but maybe Ward, Walsh, Stassi, Drury, Urshela, Anderson, Fletcher, Rengifo....

But on the bright side, the top prospects lists will be much more stacked than they've ever been before, with a new crop of international signings, high draft picks and higher upside acquisitions. 

And then in 2026/2027, we'll see the new owner start going bonkers and kind of force open that window of contention with a younger, better core. 

I think the biggest room for optimism is Arte is about the sell the team.  A new owner will come in, and if it is Lacob (fingers crossed), I would assume money will be spent to facilitate contention.

If Ohtani can be locked up, and with a few opportunistic signings in the next few years, I think this team can contend.

Given that the FA market seems thin on the position player side, I think that Perry would need to consider signing some of the impressive FA SP options and probably using pitching depth to trade for offense.

If the new owner doesn't really shift spending, then I agree that we might be in some trouble and need to rebuild.

I do think though we'll see a spending increase, and just a hunch, but I expect to see Minasian use the same strategy as AA with some of our young players, perhaps signing Sandoval, Detmers, etc to multi-year deals to lock them in for a few years through free agency.