• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Doobie Brother -> michael Mcdonald -> yacht rock -> yacht fuel -> Arte -> taco bell -> upset minor leaguers

no politics in the minor league thread. 

the logic you've used here should be pinned at the top of this message board.

I obviously want the Angels to do well, but there’s also a part of me that wouldn’t mind seeing a sell off at the deadline that gives more playing time opportunities for younger players.

At some point, I’d like to see Moniak, Cabbage, Adell, Stefanic, etc. get extended shots in the majors. Maybe even Padlo and eventually guys like Paris and Quero.

3 hours ago, ArkyAngelsFan said:

I wonder if we'll be including Chris Rodriguez on this list with all of his injuries.

Hopefully he can overcome them sooner rather than later...

~ArkyAngelsFan~

All two of them?   

A broken back and the shoulder issue.  Unfortunately both resulted in crazy long time away.

Nelson Rada is adjusting to the older level of competition in Low-A. Two hits (a double and a single) with 2 walks, no strikeouts and a stolen base tonight. His OPS is up to .665. Still think it’s very questionable that they tested him at this level at 17 years old but he’s definitely adjusting and hopefully it pays off.

7 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Nelson Rada is adjusting to the older level of competition in Low-A. Two hits (a double and a single) with 2 walks, no strikeouts and a stolen base tonight. His OPS is up to .665. Still think it’s very questionable that they tested him at this level at 17 years old but he’s definitely adjusting and hopefully it pays off.

Looking at his splits for April, he hit .176/.315/.215 with 6 SBs.

For May, he's really improved and has hit .340/467/.404 with 8 SBs. 

Yes, this was an aggressive placement for him, but, if he can continue reasonably well, I don't see any reason to send him down to AZ when that starts up. He's starting to adjust and looks less over matched, even though he's probably the youngest player in the league.

3 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Looking at his splits for April, he hit .176/.315/.215 with 6 SBs.

For May, he's really improved and has hit .340/467/.404 with 8 SBs. 

Yes, this was an aggressive placement for him, but, if he can continue reasonably well, I don't see any reason to send him down to AZ when that starts up. He's starting to adjust and looks less over matched, even though he's probably the youngest player in the league.

he's the youngest player in all of A ball and he currently has a wRC+ of 99 which is essentially league average.  I'm sure they're very happy and satisfied with his results so far.  

25. Kenyon Yovan, RHP, Angels

A 27th-round pick in 2019 out of the University of Oregon, Yovan was drafted as a reliever even though he had a four-pitch mix in college. He’s a power arm who attacks the strike zone. A two-way player in college, he hit 17 homers in 2021 as a first base-DH power bat. Last year, he posted a 1.77 ERA in 17 relief appearances between rookie ball and Low A. He’s maintained that dominance this season at Double A, with a 0.57 ERA in 15 2/3 innings. It won’t be too long before he’s added to the Angels bullpen.

Angels GM Perry Minasian: “Has the power to pitch at the backend of the pen.”

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

25. Kenyon Yovan, RHP, Angels

A 27th-round pick in 2019 out of the University of Oregon, Yovan was drafted as a reliever even though he had a four-pitch mix in college. He’s a power arm who attacks the strike zone. A two-way player in college, he hit 17 homers in 2021 as a first base-DH power bat. Last year, he posted a 1.77 ERA in 17 relief appearances between rookie ball and Low A. He’s maintained that dominance this season at Double A, with a 0.57 ERA in 15 2/3 innings. It won’t be too long before he’s added to the Angels bullpen.

Angels GM Perry Minasian: “Has the power to pitch at the backend of the pen.”

Crazy that he first entered our radar cuz his grandpa posted on this board. Seriously excited to see what this guy can do at the MLB level

That blurb Bowden wrote is hilarious. Does he (or an editor) even check what he wrote?

He writes the blurb as if Yovan signed in 2019, when he was an undrafted free agent signee.

Like he literally put his 2021 college stats, after mentioning he was drafted in 2019, but mentioned nothing about him being a UDFA signing.

Always interesting to hear names people in the front office bring up.

Beyond Yovan’s obvious skill, I’m also guessing Minasian picked Yovan because Yovan is a good development story for the organization since he signed as a UDFA and they transitioned him from position player to pitcher.

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

he's the youngest player in all of A ball and he currently has a wRC+ of 99 which is essentially league average.  I'm sure they're very happy and satisfied with his results so far.  

His bat-to-ball skills and strike zone recognition are clearly ready for Single-A, but I still don’t know if he’s ready for Single-A strength wise.

Not sure if keeping him in extended ST would’ve helped him gain more strength, or if he’s able to do the same strength programs while playing everyday with IE.