• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Willy Adames

Torridd

I doubt he's actually available.

The Rays traded him only because they had a better player coming at SS. 

He didn't even hit that well with a .238 BA and a .298 OBP. Defensively he's better than Rengifo, but his value is much higher. He's had more productive years at the plate in 2021, and 2020. He seems to have sold out for power. 

I know his WAR is quite good, but overall, I'm wary of getting guys with OBP south of .315. That's why I'm not as high on Rengifo or Renfroe.

When he was traded to the Brewers, it was for Drew Rasmussen and a RHRP Feyereisen. This is like Patrick Sandoval and Jimmy Herget. Now his value isn't as high with less years of control, but, I'd think he still will command a solid return, too much for my liking.

BTV has him at a median value at 41.3 points. That's basically Sandoval, Ward, or Detmers. NO NO and NO.

The BTV site is really down on some guys I would not think are that far down. Rengifo for instance is rated at 0.5 and they laughingly have Trout at 14.

Sorry, those numbers are very very wrong, even accounting for contract length. 

I don't think Adames is as valuable as they say and I dont think Rengifo is valued at nearly zero.

But I would think minimum, it's Suarez and say Bush, Rengifo and Adell or Adams. (This trade doesn't work on their simulator, but I'm assigning Rengifo a value in the high teens, and dropping Adames to closer to 32-35. Then it does. (17.5 for Rengifo, 5.1 for Bush, Suarez 13, and Adams or Adell around 1.0.)

That's too much to give up.

Ahmed Rosario has much less value (4.7!) and is a similar player to Adames, if not as highly rated on fangraphs WAR... and would require a much smaller investment. Similar guys would be Nico Hoerner from the Cubs or say Torres from the Yankees. 

I'd just sign Dansby Swanson. 

26 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I doubt he's actually available.

The Rays traded him only because they had a better player coming at SS. 

He didn't even hit that well with a .238 BA and a .298 OBP. Defensively he's better than Rengifo, but his value is much higher. He's had more productive years at the plate in 2021, and 2020. He seems to have sold out for power. 

I know his WAR is quite good, but overall, I'm wary of getting guys with OBP south of .315. That's why I'm not as high on Rengifo or Renfroe.

When he was traded to the Brewers, it was for Drew Rasmussen and a RHRP Feyereisen. This is like Patrick Sandoval and Jimmy Herget. Now his value isn't as high with less years of control, but, I'd think he still will command a solid return, too much for my liking.

BTV has him at a median value at 41.3 points. That's basically Sandoval, Ward, or Detmers. NO NO and NO.

The BTV site is really down on some guys I would not think are that far down. Rengifo for instance is rated at 0.5 and they laughingly have Trout at 14.

Sorry, those numbers are very very wrong, even accounting for contract length. 

I don't think Adames is as valuable as they say and I dont think Rengifo is valued at nearly zero.

But I would think minimum, it's Suarez and say Bush, Rengifo and Adell or Adams. (This trade doesn't work on their simulator, but I'm assigning Rengifo a value in the high teens, and dropping Adames to closer to 32-35. Then it does. (17.5 for Rengifo, 5.1 for Bush, Suarez 13, and Adams or Adell around 1.0.)

That's too much to give up.

Ahmed Rosario has much less value (4.7!) and is a similar player to Adames, if not as highly rated on fangraphs WAR... and would require a much smaller investment. Similar guys would be Nico Hoerner from the Cubs or say Torres from the Yankees. 

I'd just sign Dansby Swanson. 

Thanks, if you're correct, I definitely wouldn't do that deal.