• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fred McGriff elected to the Hall of Fame

i think he's remembered as either a padre or a brave, but there's a good argument to be made that he should be enshrined as a blue jay.

the dude was even undervalued while he was a player. how many hof'ers you know that moved as much as the crime dog? you'd think any team that had a future hof bat at 1b with very good defense would list him as untouchable, but not so with the crime dog.

The Crime Dog had the misfortune of peaking right before the roid era, so his late 80s/early 90s stats didn't look all that impressive, comparatively speaking. His typical .280ish ,35 HR season early on didn't look all that special in the late 90s. But he was definitely one of the best first basemen/hitters from about 1988-94, and still pretty good through 2002.

I wouldn't call it "criminal" that he didn't get in before now, but I don't think he's undeserving, and he's not among the worst players to be admitted. But there are definitely a bunch of equal or somewhat better players still not in.

We used to poke some fun at McGriff by barely setting a cap super high on your head.  “Look I am Fred McGriff.”

But the reality is this guy had no choice. They guy has an epic dome.  He couldn’t wear it any lower!

Now it’s a crime that he isn’t in the Forehead Hall of Fame.

18FFE0F2-7F72-4468-B7C1-989411C5ECCC.jpeg

Edited by Dtwncbad

It's up to the player I think  what team they identify with for the induction. Should be an interesting choice with all his former teams. But the Braves seem logical. A series win is always a career high. In the past there have been controversies, especially with former Expos players. But I read that there is a big push for him to go in as a Jay coming from Toronto media. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

It's up to the player I think  what team they identify with for the induction. Should be an interesting choice with all his former teams. But the Braves seem logical. A series win is always a career high. In the past there have been controversies, especially with former Expos players. But I read that there is a big push for him to go in as a Jay coming from Toronto media. We shall see.

no it isn't. you can thank dave winfield for that.