• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Three Different Paths Forward This Offseason

Angelsjunky

The Paths Going Forward (This Offseason)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which path do you think the Angels WILL take?

• Bolster the roster, but don't break the bank or trade away the farm
    • Go all-in on the Ohtani-Rendon-Trout Window
    • Thread the Needle
  2. 2. Which path do you WANT the Angels to take?

• Bolster the roster, but don't break the bank or trade away the farm
    • Go all-in on the Ohtani-Rendon-Trout Window
    • Thread the Needle

7 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

There's legitimate questions whether Senga will even be an effective major league starter.

E837720B-20E7-47FF-B880-E7503D8A9BAE.thumb.jpeg.7f936013803cd6719d5710f15e24e101.jpeg

Okay.  I will defer to the talent evaluators in that regard, I have no idea how he will fare here.  It doesn't necessarily even have to be him - I tossed his name out there, but anyone can potentially be signed to fill that spot.

10 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Okay.  I will defer to the talent evaluators in that regard, I have no idea how he will fare here.  It doesn't necessarily even have to be him - I tossed his name out there, but anyone can potentially be signed to fill that spot.

Could be fine. My concern is just that I'd rather have Sandoval and Detmers than Senga, personally. 

On 12/4/2022 at 6:10 PM, ThisismineScios said:

The thing with ownership is regardless of what WE think about a bloated payroll, an new owner (having just spend $2.5-3 billion, will unquestionably be excited about something like Trout-Ohtani-Correa-Rendon because it is incredibly marketable. The only one that isn't, I think, is Swanson, and he's the cheapest. But if I'm a new owner, I'm spending that kind of money because I want to compete. Tell me, why would a new owner not want to shell out money for Carlos Correa, Trea Turner, or Xander Bogaerts? When was the last time a professional franchise was sold and the new owners immediately scaled back payroll? It hasn't happened. So I'm not factoring that in. 

I think more likely is the years that do the Angels in, or a desire for a certain location. Trea may want to be on the East Coast, Swanson may want to stay in Central or Eastern Time Zone (wife plays for NWSL team in Chicago), etc. A desperate team may give Correa 10 years, Trea 9, and so forth. If the Angels reached an agreement with one of them, they could send out Walsh, Fletcher, Loup, and Tepera to save some money; possibly even Stassi. I don't know that I'd call it likely, but I think the immediate dismissal is a bit short-sighted. 

More likely, and actually preferably for me personally, I would rather trade for an above average SS (Rosario, Hoerner), sign an $8-10 million starter, 2 more relievers at $3-5 million, and then walk into the season with great depth. The thing about signing another starter is it gives you flexibility with Canning, C-Rod, Barria, and even Suarez. 

Every time the Marlins have been sold...