• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022-23 Offseason Hot Stove Thread

mmc

4 hours ago, Revad said:

The acquisition cost is too high for SS, and we’re fine defensively.  Just a black hole offensively if it’s Fletcher/Velazquez/Soto.  Get a bat first 4th outfielder to make up for it, and if Rengifo continues to develop it should work well enough.

A 4th OF is going to get less than 250 AB's. 

A Starting SS is going to get 700. There is no comparison. They need a SS.

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Right. Neither are SS although I could see Urshela getting some starts there. 

Looking at the stats, Urshela seems to actually grade out "okay" at SS.  Hard to really say, again given how imprecise fielding metrics are, but perhaps that does give the team another option out there, should both Rendon and Walsh stay relatively healthy.

3 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Looking at the stats, Urshela seems to actually grade out "okay" at SS.  Hard to really say, again given how imprecise fielding metrics are, but perhaps that does give the team another option out there, should both Rendon and Walsh stay relatively healthy.

So if Urshela is seen as a guy that will start virtually every game, that means 5-6 games a week.  So without a SS, I would look at his breakdown as: 2 games a week at 3rd, 2-3 games a week at 1st and 1 game a week at SS.  Maybe he starts the SS game on days that Ohtani or our other right handed starter pitches.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So if Urshela is seen as a guy that will start virtually every game, that means 5-6 games a week.  So without a SS, I would look at his breakdown as: 2 games a week at 3rd, 2-3 games a week at 1st and 1 game a week at SS.  Maybe he starts the SS game on days that Ohtani or our other right handed starter pitches.  

In an ideal world, that sounds reasonable.  That said, given the nature of this game, I would expect to see him play positions probably moreso in pulses - i.e., I expect Rendon will get hurt and miss some time, upon which he'll play a lot of 3B.  I expect Walsh will probably miss time, and same thing will occur over there, and so on.  I don't really expect to see him too much at short, but it's certainly at least one possibility out there amongst many.