• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (10/5/22 1pm Pacific): Ohtani on the mound to wrap up the season

9 minutes ago, daygloman said:

This whole series has sucked. 

WHY are they do lifeless today, yesterday, & the fucking day before?

Because they're playing on the road in a shitty stadium with about 5,000 people in the stands against a terrible team, at the end of a horribly disappointing season and complete uncertainty surrounding the future of the team.

Or do you mean other than that?

Edited by jsnpritchett

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Because they're playing on the road in a shitty stadium with about 5,000 people in the stands against a terrible team, at the end of a horribly disappointing season and completely uncertainty surrounding the future of the team.

But also despite fielding every starting batter except Rendon and their #1 starter

49 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

He absolutely shouldn't be an everyday player, but I don't mind having him as a bench player next season. Provides good defense at 2B/SS.

The Halos are on the hook for $6 million next year. He’s due another $6 million in ‘24 and $6.5 million in 2025. That’s a good chunk of change for a bench player. The Angels may have to explore a trade.

2 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

The Halos are on the hook for $6 million next year. He’s due another $6 million in ‘24 and $6.5 million in 2025. That’s a good chunk of change for a bench player. The Angels may have to explore a trade.

...plus at least $3M more beyond that ($1.5M buyouts for '26 and '27).  As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think he has much trade value at all after the past couple years, especially as a standalone piece.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Because they're playing on the road in a shitty stadium with about 5,000 people in the stands against a terrible team, at the end of a horribly disappointing season and complete uncertainty surrounding the future of the team.

Other than THAT!

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Are you just having a bad day?  Sorry if you're struggling, dude.  It's game 162 and everyone is sort of fucking around at this point, it seems like.  Don't take anything that happens in this game too seriously.

Yeah, I'm having a bad day.

I EXPECTED more than getting swept in Oakland. 

7 minutes ago, daygloman said:

Very funny.

Enjoy 4th & 5th place every year... I don't.

I think you're misunderstanding.  Of course I don't like seeing the Angels lose every year.  But, again, who really gives a shit what happens in this game?  Neither team is going to the playoffs.  It literally doesn't matter.

Trout just crushed a HR and Ohtani pitched very well again.  That's pretty much all you should hope for in game 162 of a disastrous season.  I'm not sure why you'd expect more.