• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (10/5/22 1pm Pacific): Ohtani on the mound to wrap up the season

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Because they're playing on the road in a shitty stadium with about 5,000 people in the stands against a terrible team, at the end of a horribly disappointing season and complete uncertainty surrounding the future of the team.

Or do you mean other than that?

Yeah, but... 

I still find it odd that Bally Sports West and some of the Angels-affiliated Twitter accounts are pushing this "most HR in under 120 games" "record" nonsense.  It might be interesting if we're talking about a rookie who gets called up midseason or something--but why are we supposed to be impressed or celebrate an injury-shortened season?  Trout's good!  We know that.  I'm glad he has a bunch of HR this year, including that absolute monster he just hit.  But I'm not sure why I should care where he ranks on the under-120-games list.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think you're misunderstanding.  Of course I don't like seeing the Angels lose every year.  But, again, who really gives a shit what happens in this game?  Neither team is going to the playoffs.  It literally doesn't matter.

Trout just crushed a HR and Ohtani pitched very well again.  That's pretty much all you should hope for in game 162 of a disastrous season.  I'm not sure why you'd expect more.

Fitting ending to a string of bad seasons. 

March is ONLY 5 months away to get our hopes up all over again!

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I still find it odd that Bally Sports West and some of the Angels-affiliated Twitter accounts are pushing this "most HR in under 120 games" "record" nonsense.  It might be interesting if we're talking about a rookie who gets called up midseason or something--but why are we supposed to be impressed or celebrate an injury-shortened season?  Trout's good!  We know that.  I'm glad he has a bunch of HR this year, including that absolute monster he just hit.  But I'm not sure why I should care where he ranks on the under-120-games list.

40 HRs is a monster year in 162 games