• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick Two Additions for 2023

Dtwncbad

I'm waiting out Minasian's end of season comments to try to get an idea whether or not they can actually do anything. 

But assuming they can spend and that the goal is still to re-sign Ohtani, I'd try leaving myself room to afford that...   I'd go with Bassit and Nimmo.  But I'm betting they do Lorenzen and Conforto on a make good contract.

There are a few guys like Profar and Odorizzi who may end up opting out or being bought out too.

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm waiting out Minasian's end of season comments to try to get an idea whether or not they can actually do anything. 

But assuming they can spend and that the goal is still to re-sign Ohtani, I'd try leaving myself room to afford that...   I'd go with Bassit and Nimmo.  But I'm betting they do Lorenzen and Conforto on a make good contract.

There are a few guys like Profar and Odorizzi who may end up opting out or being bought out too.

This is where I'm at.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the budget is going to be pretty low.  With the Ohtani 30m and impending arb, I see us at around 160m already.  I think realistically they'll spend about 10m, maybe 20m and an absolute max of 30m.  But I am not optimistic it will be the latter.  

I think Profar declines his player option for sure but will likely expect something in the 12m per range.  And probably for at least 3 to 4 years.  If they were willing to spend the money, he'd be a great fit.  Solid in LF and at 1b.  Adequate at 2b.  Not a SS really but there would be other cheap internal options there.  And can chip at third if need be.  Get's on base and isn't fast but can run a bit.  

It also makes a ton of sense for Odorizzi to decline his option because the buyout is half it's value.   I might actually choose Lorenzen over him if the price is right.  If he's open to it, I'd consider bringing him back as a closer but I think he'll still want to start.  

Conforto is interesting.  I just read something that mentioned him getting a multi year offer from the astros of 30m in August.  Not sure how that makes sense.  Unless it was 3 years.  

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Same, but I’m expecting Perry to dance around the topic and not give any real answers of substance.

Speaking of Minasian’s end of season comments, @Jeff Fletcher, is it known what time Minasian is speaking at tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

I think Profar declines his player option for sure but will likely expect something in the 12m per range.  And probably for at least 3 to 4 years.  If they were willing to spend the money, he'd be a great fit.  Solid in LF and at 1b.  Adequate at 2b.  Not a SS really but there would be other cheap internal options there.  And can chip at third if need be.  Get's on base and isn't fast but can run a bit.

Profar played LF exclusively this season and he’s had the yips in the past at 2B. He may be a LF only option.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Same, but I’m expecting Perry to dance around the topic and not give any real answers of substance.

Speaking of Minasian’s end of season comments, @Jeff Fletcher, is it known what time Minasian is speaking at tomorrow?

Noon. It won’t be on TV though. You’ll have to get his comments from the writers stories and tweets. 

8 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Doesn't he have an opt out and year 3 was a fairly minimal salary? His entire suspension baffles me. How Ozuna is playing and not Bauer is extremely inconsistent. 

He can opt out all he wants but he is still suspended for another season.