• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Two Things this Sweep Does

SigBaby

I think we are officially sellers. The only way we arent is if we sweep Detroit and Houston IMO. Funny thing is, I feel more confident in a sweep of Detroit ( we miss JV and Scherzer) than a sweep of Houston. But thats irrelevant because we wont sweep either. Im actually excited to see some fresh faces on the team and maybe some future pieces to this ball club in the minors. Maybe we'll even see some energy with a few young guys like Calhoun trying to make their claim to stay.

Downs will be gone, As will Vargas, and maybe Hanson at the deadline and i expect more to be gone in the offseason.

On a side note, this sweep propells the Bucs forward, hopefully they make the playoffs, that organization needs it.

I think we are officially sellers. The only way we arent is if we sweep Detroit and Houston IMO. Funny thing is, I feel more confident in a sweep of Detroit ( we miss JV and Scherzer) than a sweep of Houston. But thats irrelevant because we wont sweep either. Im actually excited to see some fresh faces on the team and maybe some future pieces to this ball club in the minors. Maybe we'll even see some energy with a few young guys like Calhoun trying to make their claim to stay.

Downs will be gone, As will Vargas, and maybe Hanson at the deadline and i expect more to be gone in the offseason.

On a side note, this sweep propells the Bucs forward, hopefully they make the playoffs, that organization needs it.

I would not be surprised to see us sweep the Tigers and get swept by the Astros. 

It's kind of hard to be happy when they are 33-43 with no end to this poor play in sight.

Except for the possibility of getting a real good draft pick in each round in the 2014 draft 

Take away the 8 game winning streak against under .500 teams, and they are just 25-43.

This smells, tastes, and feels like some combo of 1968, 1971, 1977, 1980, 1992, and 1994.

most teams would bring up some young guys at this point just to see if they could hack mlb and guage trade value. not us. management will remain complacent and continue to trot out the current guys and expect a different result.

is it complacency? fear or what? every game i check out makes me more and more cynical.

one definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. change something- the present regime ain't doin shit.

The guy had retired 20+ batters in a row entering tonight.

Funny. Terry Smith opened his big "foreshadowing mouth" about the exact same thing as soon as the 9th opened up and whoop dee doo, look what happened immediately, Frieri starts off the 9th with a walk.

Little hint to the relief pitching on this team: QUIT WALKING THE FIRST BATTER OF THE F*****G INNING.

Relying on/referencing stats like that is the exact reason this team can't hit a stride.

What did you think that 22 batters in a row was just gonna go on forever?

With a 3 run lead, the closer shouldn't nibble. I always loved watching Percival pitch in that situation. Basically he threw his hardest fastball for a strike and challenged hitters. He didn't care if he gave up a home run, because he would still be winning.