• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 College Football Thread

50 minutes ago, Lou said:

Lol at fraudulent. The announced attendance is always tickets sold, just like in MLB. 

There is no way in hell I would have gone to that game. I wouldn't go if they were playing Alabama if it meant sitting in triple-digit heat. There is no wind and 100° feels like 120°.

Same thing happened at their first game last year. It was hot as fuck so the place was empty. Also they were playing Bowling Green so it's pretty easy to see why fans decided to sit that one out. 

13 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Same thing happened at their first game last year. It was hot as fuck so the place was empty. Also they were playing Bowling Green so it's pretty easy to see why fans decided to sit that one out. 

And school doesn't start for another 2 weeks so there aren't any students around. 

The last time we went to a game like that we left halfway through the 1st quarter and watched the test of the game at Hooters in Pasadena. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Good game today at 4pm (ABC) - 

LSU vs Florida State.

@PattyD22

Of course I’ll be watching @Lou.  The only thing better than a full slate of Saturday college football, is a bonus game on Sunday.

On the wagering front, I may sit this one out though.  I went 1-4 yesterday, only hitting the Bama under, but I will decide in a bit.

I like the under 51, but the under wasn’t a good play yesterday.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Of course I’ll be watching @Lou.  The only thing better than a full slate of Saturday college football, is a bonus game on Sunday.

On the wagering front, I may sit this one out though.  I went 1-4 yesterday, only hitting the Bama under, but I will decide in a bit.

I like the under 51, but the under wasn’t a good play yesterday.

Clemson vs Georgia Tech tomorrow, too. 

Yeah, I have no idea about today's game, so I'll probably pass. 

Probably. 

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

So how do you guys place bets? Do you go somewhere or make a phone call or go online? 

I use an app called Betla.net but you have to be sponsored in, like The Elks or The Moose Lodge.

Seriously.

You get set up in an account and settle on Monday’s, unless you prefer to roll it over, which most bettors do until after the Super Bowl.

Edited by PattyD22

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Me too.  As my grandma used to say, “you’re a fish Patrick.”

Not even sure what that meant

lol

Text exchange-

GF: What are you doing?

Me: Waiting for a game to start

GF: Who are you betting on?

Me: Haven't decided if I am 

GF: Right. You must think I'm an idiot 

38 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol

Text exchange-

GF: What are you doing?

Me: Waiting for a game to start

GF: Who are you betting on?

Me: Haven't decided if I am 

GF: Right. You must think I'm an idiot 

Was your girlfriend a fly on the wall at our house?

Same conversation goes on at my house 5 days a week buddy

On 9/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, m0nkey said:

Last minute of game time in the FSU LSU game took about 48 minutes but what an ending

Showed me what an idiot that Brian Kelly is.

1. LSU's special teams were awful all night. with two muffed punts (both lost), a blocked field goal and a blocked extra point.

2. Second of said muffed punts set up Florida State at the LSU eight yard line, first and goal, with under three minutes to play.

3. Only Mike Norvell out-Kellying Kelly by running a pitch play from inside the one yard line, turning the ball over to LSU at the one with 1:20 left, prevented FSU from locking up the game right then and there.

4. LSU defied the odds, driving 99 yards and scoring at the end of regulation. Despite his team being outplayed all night, Kelly decided to try to prolong the game rather than going for the win when his opponent could not have come back.

5. Compounding the error of playing for the tie, Kelly turned over the job of sending the game to OT to said sorry-assed special teams, thereby ruining an improbable rally by LSU at the end.

I don't know what you expect for only $10M, though. Apparently not a coach who can manage a game.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, Lou said:

And school doesn't start for another 2 weeks so there aren't any students around. 

That is true for a lot of the season openers. My freshman year at Florida, we went through band camp, but we didn't perform on the field as school was not in session yet. We hadn't had time to put in a complete show in the 3-4 days that we had in camp.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

That is true for a lot of the season openers. My freshman year at Florida, we went through band camp, but we didn't perform on the field as school was not in session yet. We hadn't had time to put in a complete show in the 3-4 days that we had in camp.

No school begins classes later than UCLA. 

Florida classes began on 8/24.