• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/16/22): Mariners @ Angels - Fletcher back in the lineup, Adell out

mmc

4 minutes ago, AngelsMetsWS said:

I’m thinking no more walk up songs allowed unless you can OPS .600. 

I'm thinking no more of a lot of things for this team until their record is over .500

I can't imagine playing for this team and showing up every day and putting on a uniform. 

I'd be flipping tables. 

18 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Should be a much smaller audience on Wednesday. Day game PLUS YouTube. 

Out of sight, out of mind.

GO ANGELS!!!!

Angels will probably win 11-0 on a one hitter by a pitcher named TBD.

And no one will get to see it.  Well maybe @Louor @Taylor.  They understand the internet.

Edited by PattyD22

The Seattle games haven't been available where I am but I looked at the box scores. Seems there was good starting pitching, but horrific late implosions. 

The bottom of the order arguably are the worst in baseball. Walsh at .224 is the only one of the bottom six in the order (including Duggar) above the Mendoza line. And he is having a nightmare year of his own. 

Stassi at .201 invariably will dip below shortly. Sierra at .193, Gosselin at .155, Rojas at .114, Duggar at .155. Not to mention Valasquez, Suzuki, and all the others in or near the same range. These are not even mediocre but embarrassing. Not major league competent. Sierra and Velasquez are decent defensively, but would only be at best late inning replacements on a decent team. And Adell is hardly having an encouraging season either. 

This team may go down as the worst hitting team in franchise history. 

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

This was great. Apparently Rizzo has been getting away with this for years. 

Hard to believe an ump called it against the Stankees. 

Yankees announcers are such abhorrent homers, I cannot stand listening to any of them. 

i disagree with that. i think the announcers are correct in saying calling that a failure to get out of the way is usually called on guys who lean in on pitches over the plate. that was a ball coming in to his front step. i'd be pissed to if i was rizzo. that was hardly egregious even if he did "let" it hit him.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

i disagree with that. i think the announcers are correct in saying calling that a failure to get out of the way is usually called on guys who lean in on pitches over the plate. that was a ball coming in to his front step. i'd be pissed to if i was rizzo. that was hardly egregious even if he did "let" it hit him.

He made no attempt to move. I believe that was the umpire's interpretation. 

8 hours ago, eligrba said:

He made no attempt to move. I believe that was the umpire's interpretation. 

i'm not invested in it either way, but that's my general rule if i was an umpire. also, just my opinion, but the leg kick is a timing mechanism and that's starting before rizzo identifies the pitch. he's putting the leg down and recognizing that it's too inside at the same time. it's very reasonable to conclude that his brain tells him to move his leg, while his leg is still completing the last task, then because of this his leg does that little confused twitch thing that all of us have experienced in some other situation. or he just recognized the pitch came too far inside and he took it on the leg. both are believable to me, and both result in the batter being awarded the base, imo. in either case i see it as a result of the pitcher missing his location.