• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Young Lefties

AngelsHilo

In what has been a dismal Angels Season, I am pleased that this situation has allowed us to have extended looks at some of our Young Lefties.  Really like the future pitching staff with Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez, and now Quijada as well as Davidson showing some great potential.  It seems it was just a few years back where we had no lefties on the roster.  Anyway, we've got the makings of a Great, Young, Pitching Staff with these Lefties.  I think Wise has done a great job in developing these arms, and am excited of where he can take this.

Now, let's see if we can get the same type of production out of our Hitting Coaches.

There have been points this season where I’ve been irate at Matt Wise, but it’d be unfair to not give him some credit for his recent work with some of the pitchers.

So credit to him for that.

I’m still not sold on him coming back in 2023, but my ire is now directed more towards Reed than Wise.

11 hours ago, ukyah said:

fuck, matt wise. 

"My slider was really good today,” said Davidson, who picked up his second career win and his first with the Angels. “It had the same shape as it was earlier in the season and it's made a lot of progress. I felt like I had better direction today in my mechanics. It's something I've really focused on the last week. Just trying to go more toward home plate and not falling off toward third base." It was an encouraging start for Davidson, who gave up six runs over four innings in his last outing in Seattle and entered with a 7.91 ERA in 19 1/3 innings this year. The 26-year-old worked on altering his pitch grips with the help of pitching coach Matt Wise, and his slider and changeup were much better against Minnesota.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/tucker-davidson-first-angels-win

13 hours ago, Fregosi said:

In what has been a dismal Angels Season, I am pleased that this situation has allowed us to have extended looks at some of our Young Lefties.  Really like the future pitching staff with Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez, and now Quijada as well as Davidson showing some great potential.  It seems it was just a few years back where we had no lefties on the roster.  Anyway, we've got the makings of a Great, Young, Pitching Staff with these Lefties.  I think Wise has done a great job in developing these arms, and am excited of where he can take this.

Now, let's see if we can get the same type of production out of our Hitting Coaches.

I like Quijada, he comes in with an attitude. He shows emotion throws 95 to 96. Here is my fastball try and hit it. His ball has movement up and down. He is just wild enough. Jose Quijada reminds me of former closer Al Hrabosky.

12 hours ago, Trendon said:

There have been points this season where I’ve been irate at Matt Wise, but it’d be unfair to not give him some credit for his recent work with some of the pitchers.

So credit to him for that.

I’m still not sold on him coming back in 2023, but my ire is now directed more towards Reed than Wise.

Earlier I was stead fast against bringing Wise back, now I’m walking that back and would like to see him return. 

On the other hand Reed clearly needs to be replaced.

1 minute ago, HaloBronco said:

Earlier I was stead fast against bringing Wise back, now I’m walking that back and would like to see him return. 

On the other hand Reed clearly needs to be replaced.

I’m not sure how realistic this is, but maybe the Angels could hire someone else as pitching coach, move Wise to assistant pitching coach, and have Chiti as the bullpen coach.

More and more teams have 3 pitching coaches now.

The question is whether Wise would accept a demotion. Considering that he got a surprise promotion to pitching coach out of desperation thanks to Callaway, it might be more plausible than it normally would.