• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Travel Baseball

My boy finished his 10U all stars a couple weeks ago and now is jumping into his travel club season. Went from rec to all stars to club, with not much of a break in between. Going to play a tournament each month through November, but probably won't be going down to SoCal, just staying within 2 hours or so of here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

My boy finished his 10U all stars a couple weeks ago and now is jumping into his travel club season. Went from rec to all stars to club, with not much of a break in between. Going to play a tournament each month through November, but probably won't be going down to SoCal, just staying within 2 hours or so of here. 

That’s really cool! Hopefully your boy gets to do some out of state tourneys in 24. We did AZ in Spring and were in Colorado last week. Check out this backdrop!

Edited by Adam

5 hours ago, Adam said:

That’s really cool! Hopefully your boy gets to do some out of state tourneys in 24. We did AZ in Spring and were in Colorado last week. Check out this backdrop!

Oh wow, that location is unreal! It seems that the tournaments we've been in are held at your average baseball complex, some good, other just meh. 

Is that a portable mound, or permanent? Everything there synthetic turf, no dirt at all? We're the baseballs kept in a humidor? 

6 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Oh wow, that location is unreal! It seems that the tournaments we've been in are held at your average baseball complex, some good, other just meh. 

Is that a portable mound, or permanent? Everything there synthetic turf, no dirt at all? We're the baseballs kept in a humidor? 

In So Cal we play at super nice place and super shitty places. The CO tournament was in Aspen and Snowmass. We played on 3 different fields. This was the only turf field. Most places we use portable mounds and temp or no fences.

I've been going to PT for my knee and there is a kid there, maybe 12, that is rehabing his travel ball blown out shoulder. Keep watch on your kids usage, Adam, some of these coaches are more invested in wins than anything else. 

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Tank said:

he's got some skills. 

can you see him getting better and improving where he needs to?

He's a super hard worker. He's constantly improving. He's very average defensively. I need to invest money into that. I can only coach hitting.

We just played in a tournament last weekend. Our team is the Angels of the Central Coast travel ball scene, that is to say, we're definitely not the worst team, but far from one of the best. 

Our first game we lost 9-6 to the eventual gold bracket winner. Best game we've played as a team. Then, our last game we got absolutely smoked by the eventual Silver bracket winner. That game was seriously ugly. Baseball is funny. 

On 10/24/2023 at 4:25 PM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

We just played in a tournament last weekend. Our team is the Angels of the Central Coast travel ball scene, that is to say, we're definitely not the worst team, but far from one of the best. 

Our first game we lost 9-6 to the eventual gold bracket winner. Best game we've played as a team. Then, our last game we got absolutely smoked by the eventual Silver bracket winner. That game was seriously ugly. Baseball is funny. 

It's a weird game at this age. First tournament of year we were 4-1 and won the DI Bracket. 2nd tournament, without a better field, we were 0-3 and lost the opener of the DIII bracket on Sunday in 3 inning mercy.