• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman: Angels have decided to keep Shohei Ohtani

mmc

Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess. There was plenty of discussion here about the Angels possibly trading Ohtani, but now we're all acting like we knew all along it wasn't going to happen.

Of course Jeff Fletcher was right from the beginning. He always is.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 I guess. There was plenty of discussion here about the Angels possibly trading Ohtani, but now we're all acting like we knew all along it wasn't going to happen.

Not exactly.  Many said from the beginning they should not trade him and exactly why, hoping the Angels saw it the same way. There is nothing wrong with people saying, “see, what I said.”

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I never wanted him to be traded. I enjoy watching the Angels play every 6 days.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I never wanted him to be traded. I enjoy watching the Angels play every 6 days.

Speaking of hindsight, I believed Ohtani would pitch every six games but I was adamant that the Angels would not likely fully employ a straight 6 man rotation.

I kept saying, “I will believe it when I see it.”

I for one think that this is the right choice. Retool and rool the dice and put all the pieces in and go for it for the next few years. 

and for this to happen, its going to be on Arte and his paychecks. If our payroll by the start of next season isn't intthe 215ish range, than its going to be diastrous, if it it around the 215ish range than we should be putttin gup a good team on the field. 

15 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I for one think that this is the right choice. Retool and rool the dice and put all the pieces in and go for it for the next few years. 

and for this to happen, its going to be on Arte and his paychecks. If our payroll by the start of next season isn't intthe 215ish range, than its going to be diastrous, if it it around the 215ish range than we should be putttin gup a good team on the field. 

This is what we all want, but its just not going to happen.  Its dependent on Arte going into lux tax payroll levels and hes just not going to do that.
How do you retool this team without spending on FA right now to be remotely competitive over the next 2-3 years?
counting on kids hasnt exactly worked for us so i hope thats not the answer. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Speaking of hindsight, I believed Ohtani would pitch every six games but I was adamant that the Angels would not likely fully employ a straight 6 man rotation.

I kept saying, “I will believe it when I see it.”

I also wanted him to stay and didn't think the Angels would trade him.

My point is that it wasn't a foregone conclusion, so Heyman's report doesn't fit the Captain Obvious category.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I also wanted him to stay and didn't think the Angels would trade him.

My point is that it wasn't a foregone conclusion, so Heyman's report doesn't fit the Captain Obvious category.

I think the chances were always extremely remote at best for the reasons already stated.  So the Angels keeping Ohtani is, to me anyway, pretty darn close to Captain Obvious. . . . at least for people that have no need to put out content during a trade deadline.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, Inside Pitch said:

The time to not be okay with it will be next Spring if they ignore everything they need to do..  AGAIN....

*an angry matt duffy, tyler wade, and kurt suzuki have entered the chat

MLB trade rumors: Shohei Ohtani to remain with Angels at deadline, but Yankees, Padres made 'serious' offers

It's easy to understand why Moreno would push back. He's spent a lot of money on the Angels over the years without getting much in return. The Angels have changed players, managers, and general managers without much success. Moreno has been the constant. At some point, being the steady face of failure has to impact one's ego. Trading Ohtani would be an admission that he and his brain trust could never figure out a way to build a winner despite being gifted two generational talents.