• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marvel Cinematic Universe (and superhero films in general)

Which statement best describes you?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Love em - Can't wait for every new one
    • Like em - They're pretty good for what they are - I watch all/most of them
    • They're solid entertainment for what they are, but kind of "MCU-ed" out and/or feel they're a bit overrated
    • Meh - they're ok and I've seen a few, but could take or leave
    • Blech - Trash. I'm an adult and only watch Serious Things.
    • What is this Marvel you speak of? (Never seen one and not interested)

12 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

As some one who grew up reading comics it was cool to see X-men and spider man get made into decent movies. In the mid 90’s you wouldn’t have expected quality comic book flicks just 5 years off. The last few decades I’ve seen some others I like but many just felt like CGI filled money grabs. Different companies owning the rights to various characters and now the  whole multiverse thing means they can literally go anywhere with it which to me is sloppy. 32 years between Keaton’s Batman and the twilight guy movies and there have been 6 different guys playing Batman. Seems all over the place to me and like TORS I think some were greatly overrated (people saying black panther should have won serious awards) while future ones I may catch on a flight if at all. 

Similar to Batman, the one where I was like, "What the fuck is going on here?" is Spiderman. There have been 9 (maybe 10 movie) between now and 2002. Three different actors. It's like, how far can you really take this and why are there so many of them with different actors?

The order is pretty simple – here they are in order of release, with Tom’s other MCU films in there for good measure.

Spider-Man (2002) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to watch on Netflix.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to rent on Prime Video.

Spider-Man 3 (2007) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to watch on Netflix.

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) – directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield. Available to watch on Netflix.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) – directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield. Available to watch on Netflix.

Captain America: Civil War (2016) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (2018) – directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman and starring Shameik Moore. Available to watch on Disney+.

Avengers: Endgame (2019) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. In cinemas now.

Spider-Man: No Way Home is in UK cinemas now.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:08 AM, Brandon said:

Similar to Batman, the one where I was like, "What the fuck is going on here?" is Spiderman. There have been 9 (maybe 10 movie) between now and 2002. Three different actors. It's like, how far can you really take this and why are there so many of them with different actors?

The order is pretty simple – here they are in order of release, with Tom’s other MCU films in there for good measure.

Spider-Man (2002) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to watch on Netflix.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to rent on Prime Video.

Spider-Man 3 (2007) – directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Maguire. Available to watch on Netflix.

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) – directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield. Available to watch on Netflix.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) – directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield. Available to watch on Netflix.

Captain America: Civil War (2016) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (2018) – directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman and starring Shameik Moore. Available to watch on Disney+.

Avengers: Endgame (2019) – directed by Joe and Anthony Russo and featuring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. Available to watch on Disney+.

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) – directed by Jon Watts and starring Tom Holland. In cinemas now.

Spider-Man: No Way Home is in UK cinemas now.

A couple reasons for this. One is that they make money. The other reason is that Sony has to make a Spider-Man movie every few years or they lose the rights to the character.

6 hours ago, St1ck said:

A couple reasons for this. One is that they make money. The other reason is that Sony has to make a Spider-Man movie every few years or they lose the rights to the character.

Now that you mention this, I think I heard that on a podcast some time ago regarding needing to make them on a certain time frame to keep the franchise. I think another franchise does the same thing, too.

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Now that you mention this, I think I heard that on a podcast some time ago regarding needing to make them on a certain time frame to keep the franchise. I think another franchise does the same thing, too.

Yeah when I looked online some sites state 3 years. I don't think another live action reboot would have worked for Sony if they didn't team up with Marvel Studios to basically share the character. The cartoon they made did pretty well so they can probably pump out a couple sequels from it.

9 hours ago, St1ck said:

I was so confused with the most recent Spider-Man, with licensing and whatnot. It was cool though.