• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (July 9th, 2022) 1PM PST

Chuck

Just now, PattyD22 said:

@Second Base
1.  Maybe his injury affected him, I’m not going to say it didn’t, but his plate discipline didn’t help him either.  He was swinging at pitches from his eyes to his feet.  Mainly, his eye level.  If he could just go back to his prior 2020 strike zone, he’d be much more successful in my opinion.

2.  I don’t think it virtually guarantees a spot, but he will probably get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  He’s earned that, I believe.

He did really well hitting balls that were eye level. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

He did really well hitting balls that were eye level. 

Imagine how good he could be if he would tighten up that strike zone, and be just a little more selective?  Those eye level pitches would be called balls.

I remember him be OK with eye level pitches more than I remember him being “really well.”

But I’ll defer to you as the numbers guy you are.  I believe you.