• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wasted Opportunities

BTH

I feel like the Angels are wasting valuable opportunities by riding it out with players and coaches who have no positive value.

Some Prime Examples:

• The hitting coach trio of Reed/Mallee/Sorrento.

• Matt Wise as pitching coach.

• Tyler Wade, Kurt Suzuki, and Andrew Velazquez.

At this point, the Angels’ season is pretty much over. So why waste the opportunity to let young players thrive?

They are wasting that opportunity when proven bad players get playing time over young players with potential.

They are also wasting that opportunity when they don’t surround  young players, and all players in general, with quality coaches.

They made a managerial change with an interim manager. No point in changing assistants till a permanent coach is hired. 

If it's Nevin her probably retains most of the coaches, who were his peers. If it's an outsider there could be more changes with 'his guys ' 

And the front office also factors into these decisions. 

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

They made a managerial change with an interim manager. No point in changing assistants till a permanent coach is hired. 

Yeah, I know that’s what their reasoning is.

But I don’t agree with it.

Use these next 3 months to help the players that you’re gonna be counting on for years to come. Employing the same coaches that have contributed to their failure won’t accomplish that.

16 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, I know that’s what their reasoning is.

But I don’t agree with it.

Use these next 3 months to help the players that you’re gonna be counting on for years to come. Employing the same coaches that have contributed to their failure won’t accomplish that.

So you think they’ll find a qualified pitching or hitting coach that will take the job for 3 months?  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

So you think they’ll find a qualified pitching or hitting coach that will take the job for 3 months?  

If they find a qualified pitching/hitting coach, there’s no reason to assume they’d only have the job for the next 3 months.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

How soon before we start talking about getting a high draft pick?

Never mind. Our out-of-character 24-13 start probably means we won't finish near the bottom, just 4th place again. 

Your positivity didn't last long.

13 hours ago, Trendon said:

I feel like the Angels are wasting valuable opportunities by riding it out with players and coaches who have no positive value.

Some Prime Examples:

• The hitting coach trio of Reed/Mallee/Sorrento.

• Matt Wise as pitching coach.

• Tyler Wade, Kurt Suzuki, and Andrew Velazquez.

At this point, the Angels’ season is pretty much over. So why waste the opportunity to let young players thrive?

They are wasting that opportunity when proven bad players get playing time over young players with potential.

They are also wasting that opportunity when they don’t surround  young players, and all players in general, with quality coaches.

Because who plays in their place? What young players are performing well in AA and AAA and ready to challenge for a position? Unfortunately the options are slim. 

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Because who plays in their place? What young players are performing well in AA and AAA and ready to challenge for a position? Unfortunately the options are slim. 

Until Fletcher gets back: Stefanic at 2B, Rengifo at SS, MacKinnon/Thaiss at 3B.

When Fletcher gets back: Rengifo at 2B, Fletcher at SS, Stefanic/MacKinnon at 3B/UTIL, and Thaiss at backup C.