• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Ok... that's all the confirmation I needed. 

Trade him now.

Typically I would disagree, because I think putting him and a healthy Fletch in the middle infield together is the solid sort of building block this franchise needs.... But the organization is so far removed from contention that I'm suddenly in favor of tearing the whole thing down, something I never said, even five years ago. 

So anything of value, trade it. Nothing is nailed to the floor. Ohtani? Great. Trout, I will sob loudly, but I understand. Ward and Rengifo, sure. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But why? The Angels are so close to being a finished product. This would be like the Astros packing it in at the 2015 rebuild year. 

If Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani all stay healthy next season, the starting pitching continues to improve, and the bullpen pitches significantly better, there is a chance for the Halos to contend for 3rd WC spot.

Not a great one, but one nonetheless

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lol Quintana. Another pitcher who was horrible for us and goes on to find a reawakening. Good for him. 

Maybe someone will take Lorenzen, Noah, Tepera, Loup, Iglesas off of our hands..

His FIP says he wasn’t that bad with us. Then you add in defensive positioning and he looks like shit. 

Why the F would you trade Rengifo? He's exactly what the team needs and has lacked for much of the year: a youngish, inexpensive, quality middle infielder.

Anyhow, I saw some chatter on twitter about the Blue Jays, White Sox, and maybe Phillies interested in Syndergaard. 

I think he's as good as gone.

Assume that Trout is healthy enough to play close to a full season. Same with Rendon (big assumption). And they put up average career type years. And that Rengifo is the real deal more or less as he now is. And that Fletcher returns to his old form.

Even allow Velasquez to be the regular shortstop because of his defense.

And that Ohtani remains.

That's two thirds of the batter  order.

Will Walsh, Ward, Adell/Marsh and Stasi be back as regulars at their positions? 

Most will have to be better, though with Ward being consistent at his earlier form should be enough. 

So either all or some of these players will be trade options in the off season if the organization has lost faith in them. And better players will have to be acquired. 

I think catcher is the key position. The outfielders are more easily replaced or have potential for improvement. Walsh has proven he can be good on defense and good enough on offense in the recent past. He probably should get another year, though isn't exempt from trade discussions.

Suzuki has been terrible this year and is near the end of his career. Stasi just hasn't advanced or shown enough signs. His defense is getting more ragged and his offense hasn't gotten to acceptable levels. If he was great defensively he could be acceptable, but he isn't showing that. 

The starting nine next year won't likely all be the same, but the bottom half of the lineup needs upgrading. From improvent and/or new players. 

17 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Trading Rengifo would be the stupidest thing. He's been given chance after chance, he's finally putting it all together, so trade him? That creates another hole to fill next year. They better not. 

Depends on what you get. Rengifo and Thor for Dustin May

Watch Arte tell Perry that Thor can't be traded cuz they rake in the marketing cash. 

Perry: "We can rebuild our entire farm and be contenders with financial flexibility.... But we need to trade Ohtani, Thor and Iglesias".

Arte: "Have you seen their intro videos? They are the only reason I have fans in the stadium"

Perry: "Yes, but Arte, we need depth and this really helps us get in a great direction"

Arte: "No, i'm making an extra $75M/year from Japan alone in marketing"

Perry: "YOU'RE POCKETING ALL OF IT ANYWAYS YOU ASS HAT".

Arte: "You'r right, let me sign Ohtani to $50M AAV and then we should be WS favorites".....

Trade Sandoval to KC for Perez, then allow KC to trade Sandoval to the contender.  Suck it up, take Perez (and his salary into is career remainder).

They're yearned for the Bengie Molina-type catcher, and Perez is it. Melendez is ready to replace him in KC.