• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/19/22): Angels @ Mariners - Rosenberg's first career start

mmc

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Condolences dude... some people are taking this series as a sign that the Angels can still make a run, so it's kinda sad for us too.

Yeah. No problem. I've just come to accept we suck. Year in. Year out. 

I've been an M's fan my entire (39) year old life and it's just really old at this point. Each day is tougher to enjoy baseball following this team lol. 

16 minutes ago, Ender said:

Told you. We fucking suck.

I hope Servais and Dipoto get the boot soon cause of this 3-8 homestand.

As do I. I can't stand either of them to be honest. It would be much easier to have no feelings towards the Mariners as I do the A's or Rangers because their front office and dugout isn't filled with arrogant jerks. 

Dipoto is a great talker, and that's about it. His internship as GM in Arizona didn't show anything remarkable, rather the opposite. His time with the Angels resulted in one playoff appearance, a bloated payroll, animosity with the dugout and a crippled farm system and international scouting that took years for Billy Eppler to undo. And so far with the M's, I give him credit for his creativity, authoring this youth movement, but it appears his lack of scouting is once again going to do him in. Kelenic, Lewis Long, if they all reached their potential, then Seattle would be good. IF.

12 minutes ago, Ender said:

Yeah. No problem. I've just come to accept we suck. Year in. Year out. 

I've been an M's fan my entire (39) year old life and it's just really old at this point. Each day is tougher to enjoy baseball following this team lol. 

I mean, Angel fans are in a pretty similar position. We had a good run in the early 80's like the M's did in the late 90's, then we put together a good run in the 00's then right back to chronic disappointment. We've both suffered through Dipoto years... fortunately for us he quit. You guys had Griffey, ARod, Johnson, Martinez, eventually Ichiro then 1 mile of garbage, we've had Trout, Ohtani and then 2 miles of garbage. It's the same shit.

30 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

After some of you doubted Trout and bitched and moaned about his 0-4 day game, Trout single-handedly won the past 3 games with his bat.

I'd like to thank you for the bitching moaning.

Who doubted? We bitch and moan about you being a fucking idiot when it comes to baseball

What a great Father's Day weekend. Good times with the family visiting, my mother in law's 80th birthday celebration yesterday and Father's Day festivities today. The Angels really tied it all together winning three games over the course of the past two days, 4 out of 5 overall against the Mariners. 

Hope you all had a great Father's Day and weekend as well.

Glad you like our new logo! 

Love our Twitter logo and banner too. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 8.43.20 PM.png

1 hour ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

And now onto another team that's royally worse than us.  Keep it up.

b67861d9-0147-443e-891f-4753ea705860_text.gif.efa248a51ba6b6c1c906c221766a037e.gif

If they can't win at least 2 of 3 at home against KC, then they'll kill all the positive vibes from the last 4 days.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Remember when people were bitching about Nevin pulling Rosenberg?

Bullpen threw 4.1 innings:

0 hits 

0 walks

Even more woah…

Two of those 1-2-3 innings were by Loup and Tepera.   Wantz pitched well too in his 1-2-3 inning.   Iglesias was Iglesias.

Seven Ks from the pen 

Who would have thunk it?   Back to back shutouts in games started by Suarez and Rosenberg

Props to the pitchers and just enough offense for winning four out of five and going to 6-5 since the 14 game slide

I watched all the homers of Trout in this series 

Every one except the one today was roughly between the knees and mid thighs.

Interesting at bat today. Long multi pitch sequence. Gilbert was feeling it, challenging with 95/96 mph fastballs. Many down the middle, waist high. Trout wore him out with foul balls and a good eye, working the count full. The final pitch was slightly below waist high, on the outside of the plate. Trout had full extension and hit it squarely. 

He now ties Palmeiro for most homers ever versus the Mariners at 52. And the five homer series also ties a record versus them. 

Rosenberg was solid and the relief consistent. Hopefully this series builds momentum and continues. Just three games below .500 and another winnable series coming up.

Possibly they can get to .500 in the next couple of weeks and basically reset the season. 

Winning 4 of 5 del the M’s was great, but let’s not blow sunshine up each other backsides just yet.  The Mariners are terrible.  But hey wins are wins.  Let’s get back to .500 and go from there.

And from there I obviously mean too good to sell and too bad to buy pre-deadline.

Chuck
This post was recognized by Chuck!

"Great post!!"

ThisismineScios was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

A couple things: 

We can complain about beating a bad team, but when we were rolling we took series from TB, CWS, Boston, Houston, and Cleveland. Those are teams we are competing with.  So we can all agree this is a good team that underachieved for 28 days. Yes they should beat the Mariners, but more importantly they need to get back on track and get their confidence back. 

Also, what is it honestly going to take to make a change with Wade and Velazquez? Velazquez, quite literally, gets one hit a week. He’s 4-48 in June. His OPS is under .500. Today was just sad, he couldn’t even make contact. Wade has to bunt with 2 outs and nobody on because he can’t hit the ball. Good teams have 1 guy like them and coming off the bench for late games/PR, not two starting. They have to do something because it’s that bad. I just can’t believe they are slotting them  in the lineup every day. 

8 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

A couple things: 

We can complain about beating a bad team, but when we were rolling we took series from TB, CWS, Boston, Houston, and Cleveland. Those are teams we are competing with.  So we can all agree this is a good team that underachieved for 28 days. Yes they should beat the Mariners, but more importantly they need to get back on track and get their confidence back. 

Also, what is it honestly going to take to make a change with Wade and Velazquez? Velazquez, quite literally, gets one hit a week. He’s 4-48 in June. His OPS is under .500. Today was just sad, he couldn’t even make contact. Wade has to bunt with 2 outs and nobody on because he can’t hit the ball. Good teams have 1 guy like them and coming off the bench for late games/PR, not two starting. They have to do something because it’s that bad. I just can’t believe they are slotting them  in the lineup every day. 

Great post, @ThisismineScios!!