• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

POLL: In your opinion is Anthony Rendon officially a bust?

In your opinion is Rendon officially a bust?   

73 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion is Rendon officially a bust?

• yup
    • no too early

18 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

But it is possible that he may break out of this loop and produce better value. 

I'm not singling you out, but I'm not sure what anyone has seen from Rendon the past 3 years that leads them to believe this is possible. 

Guy has been a constant question mark when it comes to consistency, look at these injuries:

2020: Oblique

2021: Left Groin

2021: Knee

2021: Triceps

2021: Hip

2022: Wrist

This latest wrist issue is just another feather in his cap, and it's not going to go away which means he's prone to be out of the lineup anytime he "aggravates" it, which could happen basically anytime he plays. 

We'll be lucky if he ever has a 100 game season with us. I don't see him getting better. 

For what he's been paid and what he's going to be paid? BUST!

I like Rendon, but I think it wasn't prudent for the Angels to sign him.  Given the looming big dollars needed to retain Ohtani, the potential cost of retaining young talent in the future (like Taylor Ward), the on-going, never-ending need for pitching and all the other future financial considerations - it is regrettable. 

When the Angels signed Hamilton - they needed pitching.  When they signed Rendon, they needed pitching.  When the Angels needed pitching going into this season - some of you clamored for a SS.

The Angels need to win now.  Contracts and what not are only going to be more expensive and complicated moving forward.

Is Rendon a bust? Hardly.  Is he a disappointment? Absolutely.  I know it's not all his fault.  His contract may prove to be problematic though.

It's just another tiresome conversation.  Seems like there is always some talk about a bad contract with this team that limits their flexibility.  We're all tired of it.

Rendon needs to come back strong and absolutely crush it.  More importantly, the Angels need to win now (Yes, i said it again).  Otherwise, these kinds of conversations are never going away.

6 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Rendon needs to come back strong and absolutely crush it.

What has Rendon done since he put on an Angel uniform that leads you to believe this is ever going to happen? He hasn't ever come back strong, he comes back hobbling. 

Of course I want the guy to play well, I want to see him play more, I want him to help us win.

But from what I've seen since he signed with us he is not the player he once was, and I don't see it getting any better in the future with how absurdly fragile he's become. 

A bust in Pujols terms?  No, exceedingly rare and requires multiple years of suckiness.  The "disappointment" assessment seems a better fit at this point, though I would preface it with "huge".  Can't really blame the guy for his injuries, but it does suggest an injury pattern that will likely limit his reliability and performance going forward.  His contract has bust potential. 

48 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I like Rendon, but I think it wasn't prudent for the Angels to sign him.  Given the looming big dollars needed to retain Ohtani, the potential cost of retaining young talent in the future (like Taylor Ward), the on-going, never-ending need for pitching and all the other future financial considerations - it is regrettable. 

When the Angels signed Hamilton - they needed pitching.  When they signed Rendon, they needed pitching.  When the Angels needed pitching going into this season - some of you clamored for a SS.

The Angels need to win now.  Contracts and what not are only going to be more expensive and complicated moving forward.

Is Rendon a bust? Hardly.  Is he a disappointment? Absolutely.  I know it's not all his fault.  His contract may prove to be problematic though.

It's just another tiresome conversation.  Seems like there is always some talk about a bad contract with this team that limits their flexibility.  We're all tired of it.

Rendon needs to come back strong and absolutely crush it.  More importantly, the Angels need to win now (Yes, i said it again).  Otherwise, these kinds of conversations are never going away.

I have a better chance you take me off your ignore list then Rendon comeback and crush it

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

What has Rendon done since he put on an Angel uniform that leads you to believe this is ever going to happen? He hasn't ever come back strong, he comes back hobbling. 

Of course I want the guy to play well, I want to see him play more, I want him to help us win.

But from what I've seen since he signed with us he is not the player he once was, and I don't see it getting any better in the future with how absurdly fragile he's become. 

His first season here he had the second highest OPS in the AL. Granted that was two years ago, but that was something he’s done in an Angel uniform that gives one hope. 

Here is the thing with Rendon for me...When he is injured or not producing it is infuriating because of his laissez-faire appearance and approach.

When he is producing I marvel at that same nonchalant appearance because it looks like it comes very easy for him.

To me he looks like he just stepped out of the Cheech and Chong van in a big cloud of smoke.

For the record, I'm not saying he doesn't care or isn't trying but his appearance is very chill.

2 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Here is the thing with Rendon for me...When he is injured or not producing it is infuriating because of his laissez-faire appearance and approach.

When he is producing I marvel at that same nonchalant appearance because it looks like it comes very easy for him.

To me he looks like he just stepped out of the Cheech and Chong van in a big cloud of smoke.

For the record, I'm not saying he doesn't care or isn't trying but his appearance is very chill.

He needs to throw over hand to first base.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Did you also preface that it was only during a 60 game season?

No, because if you watched the season you’d know that he started the season injured (8 games) and he started the season slow, then the longer the season went the stronger he was and the more his numbers improved.  Now that doesn’t mean he would not have gotten hurt again, but it is what it is.  If you choose to minimize what he did because it was 60 games go for it.  I won’t, just like I won’t minimize what Fletcher did or the fact that the  Dodgers won the World Series.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, because if you watched the season you’d know that he started the season injured (8 games) and he started the season slow, then the longer the season went the stronger he was and the more his numbers improved.  Now that doesn’t mean he would not have gotten hurt again, but it is what it is.  If you choose to minimize what he did because it was 60 games go for it.  I won’t, just like I won’t minimize what Fletcher did or the fact that the  Dodgers won the World Series.  

There you go huggin' his nuts again 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Just because you are new doesn’t mean you have to suck at reading comprehension.  

That's your comeback? Why are you so bent on defending Rendon? He's been a bust. As we collectively concluded last night he wasn't a bust on the same as Puljos; but he's still a bust. Please, pulling the rank bullshit is so weak. Every single time someone is shitting on Rendon you swoop in to rationalize him being an Angel. 

2 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

That's your comeback? Why are you so bent on defending Rendon? He's been a bust. As we collectively concluded last night he wasn't a bust on the same as Puljos; but he's still a bust. Please, pulling the rank bullshit is so weak. Every single time someone is shitting on Rendon you swoop in to rationalize him being an Angel. 

Sorry I shared what actually happened.  Sorry it hurts your feelings. As for pulling rank, fuck off with that.  You quoted me with some ball hugging bullshit (again) because I actually said what occurred.  

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

4 games