• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (6/12/22): Mets vs Angels - No Ohtani, Trout DH, Wade in CF

tdawg87

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Besides, most of what I said today is true.

Other than Sandoval, what is there to compliment in today’s game?

I’m not asking you to compliment the team. This is the game day thread not the predict the record and ask about Minasian ability to  judge a relief pitcher thread. That’s the perfect post for your Vent Thread. 

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

No catcher playing little league make.  I one hop throw to the plate.  First baseman make that play about 6 or 7 tines a game.

Again, being in full gear limits mobility and a first baseman’s glove is designed to scoop up anything it gets near.  A catchers glove is not designed for that purpose.

I’m not trying to be a jerk to you guys but I’m starting to wonder if you all have ever played baseball.  Ever wonder why pop ups pop out of catcher’s gloves sometimes but it essentially never happens to a 1B?  This is elementary baseball knowledge.

36 minutes ago, cals said:

Again, being in full gear limits mobility and a first baseman’s glove is designed to scoop up anything it gets near.  A catchers glove is not designed for that purpose.

I’m not trying to be a jerk to you guys but I’m starting to wonder if you all have ever played baseball.  Ever wonder why pop ups pop out of catcher’s gloves sometimes but it essentially never happens to a 1B?  This is elementary baseball knowledge.

I'm feeling uncomfortable defending Suzuki and all. I think he should be cut. However this specific play I can't even minutely blame him for anything. 

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm feeling uncomfortable defending Suzuki and all. I think he should be cut. However this specific play I can't even minutely blame him for anything. 

Suzuki is the least of this team’s problems. I have no problem with him getting occasional starts. 

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

Cut him.  He’s not an asset IMO.  But my whole point is that it was 100% the throw and not his poor fielding.

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I’m trying to understand how people are not seeing this. The throw was so bad.

I don’t know man.  I think it’s just we’re all losing our collective baseball minds over the historical disappointment that this team has become.

Three weeks ago I was telling my wife that this year was different.  There was no way they weren’t going to get into the playoffs without a monumental collapse I couldn’t foresee, not with this talent.  

Everybody wants somebody to blame.  Big picture, little picture, individual plays.  

Also, some people here are really, really stupid.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t know man.  I think it’s just we’re all losing our collective baseball minds over the historical disappointment that this team has become.

Three weeks ago I was telling my wife that this year was different.  There was no way they weren’t going to get into the playoffs without a monumental collapse I couldn’t foresee, not with this talent.  

Everybody wants somebody to blame.  Big picture, little picture, individual plays.  

Also, some people here are really, really stupid.

Yep. The collapse we’ve seen has been something else. It’s sad, but focusing on that play is beyond weird.

Instead of pointing out that Duffy shouldn’t have been playing 2B to begin, people are burning Suzuki at the stake for not catching an extremely bad throw. That grounder to Duffy should’ve been a routine throw to 1B to end the inning.

Or how about Wade being a complete moron in CF, or Loup continually failing to get leadoff batters out? There’s plenty of blame to go around.

8 minutes ago, failos said:

Yep. The collapse we’ve seen has been something else. It’s sad, but focusing on that play is beyond weird.

Instead of pointing out that Duffy shouldn’t have been playing 2B to begin, people are burning Suzuki at the stake for not catching an extremely bad throw. That grounder to Duffy should’ve been a routine throw to 1B to end the inning.

Or how about Wade being a complete moron in CF, or Loup continually failing to get leadoff batters out? There’s plenty of blame to go around.

Without Maddon to blame I think people are starting to like twitch and shit’s misfiring upstairs (like a Duffy throw home) and rock back and forth and seek a new devil amongst the sea of angels.  Frankly, I think Suzuki is singled out because of racism.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Without Maddon to blame I think people are starting to like twitch and shit’s misfiring upstairs (like a Duffy throw home) and rock back and forth and seek a new devil amongst the sea of angels.  Frankly, I think Suzuki is singled out because of racism.

I’m honestly starting to wonder if Maddon was right about the FO tinkering with the team too much…because Nevin is doing the same shit Maddon did. I still don’t like Maddon though, but I wonder.

Nah, guys like ALF aren’t racist. Not sure about the others.

15 minutes ago, failos said:

I’m honestly starting to wonder if Maddon was right about the FO tinkering with the team too much…because Nevin is doing the same shit Maddon did. I still don’t like Maddon though, but I wonder.

Nah, guys like ALF aren’t racist. Not sure about the others.

ALF eats cats.  Did you know that?