• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout in LF

I don't need validation!  I want people to admit that they are not as smart as the portray themselves to be.  Two weeks ago there was people coming out of the wood work arguing that Trout defensive position was the reason why his offense was struggling.  I did not initiate this post to reinvigorate the debate.  I thought the debate was stupid from the get go.  The reason I posted this today is because I want to know how many of those so called experts are willing to man up and admit they were wrong.  So far, no one has done that.  In fact, TDAWG you just want to attack me instead.  We were all these people who insisted that Trout playing left field hurt his hitting?  

I believe it was more his inconsistency going from a different order, to a different fielding position. That might have been the overall cause. If he hits jousts as well there, then good. I want him to succeed wherever he plays. T me was the main issue of I just don't believe the defense of Bourjous is THAT much better to warrant the move. Stats or no stats. I will admit that my opinion was more emotionally based rather than rational. I can own up to it stormngt.

the only way it was gonna be an issue was if Trout let it. 

I would have been fine with them keeping him in CF if they thought it would affect him.  The clearly didn't think so and it didn't

Trout is a baseball player through and through so it's not surprising that switching positions didn't bother him.  Would it have bothered some other players?  Maybe.  But Trout is not that guy.

His early struggles (if they can be call that) were more likely because he spent the offseason like a 21 year old, and not a 21 year old professional athlete.   

He was rusty and spring didn't totally shake it off. 

I don't need validation! I want people to admit that they are not as smart as the portray themselves to be. Two weeks ago there was people coming out of the wood work arguing that Trout defensive position was the reason why his offense was struggling. I did not initiate this post to reinvigorate the debate. I thought the debate was stupid from the get go. The reason I posted this today is because I want to know how many of those so called experts are willing to man up and admit they were wrong. So far, no one has done that. In fact, TDAWG you just want to attack me instead. We were all these people who insisted that Trout playing left field hurt his hitting?

Seems like you need validation to me...

Who cares? People are wrong all the time. What would these people coming into this thread and saying "I was wrong I'm an idiot" accomplish?

Also, how long has it been since he moved back to LF? Like, 8 games? Would you create a thread saying you were wrong if Trout tanked the rest of the way?

I think something that isn't being talked about enough is just how good Peter Bourjos is.  Smaller sample size, but he's hitting well over .300 this season, showing considerable upside offensively and defensively, as we've all witnessed, he gets to balls that no other CF in baseball can.  We say the same about Trout, but we put the "except Peter Bourjos" at the end of it.  

How amazing is it to have two of the best OF's in the game, young, under team control and cheap at the same time?  That rarely happens.  Last I remember this happening was that 5 year period when Anderson, Salmon, Edmonds and Erstad all arrived.  Kind of a once in a generation type of thing for teams. 

I think something that isn't being talked about enough is just how good Peter Bourjos is. 

I don't need validation!  I want people to admit that they are not as smart as the portray themselves to be.  Last year there was people coming out of the wood work arguing that Bourjos stunk.  I did not initiate this post to reinvigorate the debate.  I thought the debate was stupid from the get go.  The reason I posted this today is because I want to know how many of those so called experts are willing to man up and admit they were wrong.  So far, no one has done that.  In fact, you just want to attack me instead.  We were all these people who insisted that Bourjos stunk?