• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Im actually not sure what I want to watch next... Nothing is particularly calling out to me. Some of my potential choices are Broadchurch season 2, The Fall season 3, The Man In The High Castle season 3, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2... maybe I'll just do a re-watch of Game of Thrones. When is The Expanse season 3 going to be on streaming? Who's got a recommendation?

7 hours ago, Lou said:

the one thing I really hate about the show is the constant repetition of information, eg showing the carving of the cross in France or the story of the slave, Samuel Bass. They've shown it at least a dozen times. I now watch the show with my remote in my hand so I can fast forward when it occurs. 

It probably gets redundant because you're probably binge watching the series.  When you watch it over a season, it's not so bad.

They have other shows on the History Channel regarding the Knights Templar.  It's really interesting that there are theories that they're the ones who created the modern banking system in Europe and that they made quite a few journeys to the Americas several hundred years before Columbus. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im actually not sure what I want to watch next... Nothing is particularly calling out to me. Some of my potential choices are Broadchurch season 2, The Fall season 3, The Man In The High Castle season 3, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 2... maybe I'll just do a re-watch of Game of Thrones. When is The Expanse season 3 going to be on streaming? Who's got a recommendation?

both great choices 

I can't get myself to watch Ms Maisel, probably because I don't know anyone that has watched it. 

Recently watched 2 shows on Netflix.  The Last Kingdom and Derry Girls.  The Last Kingdom is a solid medieval type show.  It’s a bit like Vikings, except I enjoyed it more.   Derry Girls is very different from that.  It’s a comedy about these girls and guy growing up in Northern Ireland during the Troubles in the early 90’s.  It’s hilarious.   Episodes are only 30 mins, 1st season is 6 episodes.  Great for something quick and stupid to laugh at.  Enjoyed it.  

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Derry Girls is very different from that.  It’s a comedy about these girls and guy growing up in Northern Ireland during the Troubles in the early 90’s.  It’s hilarious.   Episodes are only 30 mins, 1st season is 6 episodes.  Great for something quick and stupid to laugh at.  Enjoyed it.  

Couldn't find anything to watch so I thought I might as well give this a try . . . 

cracked me up. 

Motherfucker!!! It's my new thing 

7 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

It probably gets redundant because you're probably binge watching the series.  When you watch it over a season, it's not so bad.

They have other shows on the History Channel regarding the Knights Templar.  It's really interesting that there are theories that they're the ones who created the modern banking system in Europe and that they made quite a few journeys to the Americas several hundred years before Columbus. 

So they killed the Indians, and not Columbus.  #MakeColumbusGreatAgain

16 hours ago, gotbeer said:

@AngelsLakersFan  If you liked season 1 and 2 of Man in the High Castle.  Season 3 tied it all together pretty well.

Season one was a bit of a let down by the end. I decided I didn't really like the way they approached adapting the story, but I was invested enough to watch season 2, which, once I adjusted my expectations, was solid. The previews for three make it look like it really came off the rails though, so I'm hesitant to start it up.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

both great choices 

I can't get myself to watch Ms Maisel, probably because I don't know anyone that has watched it. 

I really liked both, but looking ahead I see two seasons set in the courtroom, which is far less interesting than the stuff that comes before.

As for Maisel, Maisel is good but it started to wear on me over time. The writing is quick witted, snarky and fun... but... it's just so absurdly unbelievable. She is, perhaps intentionally, portrayed as the perfect woman - beautiful, funny, smart and utterly devoted to her husband's every need, with rich parents to boot. From that starting point all conflict is manufactured from the need to try and bring her down a notch, to give her flaws and problems that, were she real she would never have. Her biggest manufactured flaw is that she would be foolish enough to marry the one loser guy who would inexplicably leave her for his secretary.  

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:
  Hide contents

The killers have both been caught at the end of the previous seasons,

so I am under the impression that there is quite a bit of legal mumbo jumbo ahead in both shows.

there isn't 

Spoiler

in the case of Broadchurch, it's a completely different storyline/crime 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, UndertheHalo said:

Derry Girls is very different from that.  

Damn. I liked it so much I've already watched it twice. The opening scene in E3 literally made me LOL. So much so that I had to pause it. 

Netflix:  The Haunting of Hill House.  I am not a big fan of horror type shows.  Although I like zombies for some reason.  In any case, this wasn't real true horror, just had that haunting theme.  And just IMO, it might have been the perfect series.  I just thought it was so well done, this series definitely shot to my top of the recommending list.  As I said, not a fan of the horror medium, so looking it up some more on the interwebs, it is considered one of the best horror/ghost novels of the 20th century.  It was such a good series, that I may have to get the book to see how it compares.