• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tonight's game is on Apple TV+

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Are you going to watch tonight?

Not if the announcers suck. I'll find something more enjoyable to do with my time, like I did last night when I stopped watching after the first inning because O' Neal is horrible.

Just now, Lou said:

Not if the announcers suck. I'll find something more enjoyable to do with my time, like I did last night when I stopped watching after the first inning because O' Neal is horrible.

So even though the last broadcast was a "shitfest," you're still going to at least tune in to start tonight, which I think is kinda @Stradling's point.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So even though the last broadcast was a "shitfest," you're still going to at least tune in to start tonight, which I think is kinda @Stradling's point.

You actually don't think MLB lost viewers because they had to download an app to watch? There was someone on this board who couldn't watch. It was a shitfest. Go ahead and scroll through these reviews: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=mlb+apple+tv+reviews&oq=mlb+apple+tv+reviews+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i546l3.12188j1j8&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Just now, Lou said:

You actually don't think MLB lost viewers because they had to download an app to watch? There was someone on this board who couldn't watch. It was a shitfest. Go ahead and scroll through these reviews: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=mlb+apple+tv+reviews&oq=mlb+apple+tv+reviews+&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i546l3.12188j1j8&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I'm not arguing that it was a smooth broadcast or that people had tech issues with it.  I'm saying that almost all hardcore fans are still going to try to watch and that offering it on Apple TV+ exposes it to some potential new viewers.

I've been on record saying that I'd personally prefer to have more consistent options for viewing just because it's easier--but I do understand the theory behind why MLB has carved up the rights like this. 

And I'm saying there are fans that won't watch specifically because the game is aired on Apple TV (for a variety of reasons).

I doubt many bonefish are baseball fans watch the games because Apple is airing them. 

Just now, Lou said:

Oh, and let's not forget, i won't be watching the game on the Apple tv app, so you can say that MLB has already lost me as a paying viewer. 

As a MLBTV subscriber, even if I stop watching I’ve already paid.  All these platform changes and blacked out games piss me off but I expect I’ll subscribe again next year.

Just now, Lou said:

Oh, and let's not forget, i won't be watching the game on the Apple tv app, so you can say that MLB has already lost me as a paying viewer. 

So you're going to watch it illegally?  Or just through the Apple website?  I don't even get your point.  These games are currently free.  You don't have to be a paying subscriber to watch.

This is a national game.  Apple, the Angels, and MLB probably really don't give a shit if a few local fans can't or don't want to watch.  You'll be right back when they're on BSW.  So the Angels haven't really lost anything if you just don't feel like watching the game tonight. and Apple hasn't lost anything, either, since you seem to just be a bitter, cranky dude who doesn't want to get an app or create an account.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

So you're going to watch it illegally?  Or just through the Apple website?  I don't even get your point.  These games are currently free.  You don't have to be a paying subscriber to watch.

This is a national game.  Apple, the Angels, and MLB probably really don't give a shit if a few local fans can't or don't want to watch.  You'll be right back when they're on BSW.  So the Angels haven't really lost anything if you just don't feel like watching the game tonight. and Apple hasn't lost anything, either, since you seem to just be a bitter, cranky dude who doesn't want to get an app or create an account.

lol

Tell me how viewership has increased because of Apple.

Just now, Lou said:

lol

Tell me how viewership has increased because of Apple.

Viewership increased on Apple TV+, since it obviously went from zero last season to whatever the ratings are this year.  MLB teams get (a little...) more $ due to the creation of this package of games.  And you and other hardcore fans will still watch virtually every game that's available on your local station.  There's no real downside from either a viewership or monetary standpoint.

I will again say that I wish this wasn't the way the broadcasts were handled--but it's reality, so you might as well get used to it.

Just now, Lou said:

That's not what I asked, but I'm sure you know that. 

It actually does answer your question.  They've created a new package of national games that didn't exist before.  Unless you're arguing that the total national audience for these games is less than the number of people who would have watched the games if they were only available locally, then they've increased total viewership.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

It actually does answer your question.  They've created a new package of national games that didn't exist before.  Unless you're arguing that the total national audience for these games is less than the number of people who would have watched the games if they were only available locally, then they've increased total viewership.

By how much?

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I still have a couple episodes left of Lincoln Lawyer. It's not great but it's better than listening to Hunter Pence trying to get a hook-up with his co-hosts.

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty meh.

23 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty meh.

It's a David E. Kelly production so very watered down characters and that annoying as hell dim lighting look in every scene. Every indoor room looks like it is midnight with only one 40 watt bulb to light the entire office. Whether its his office, the district attorney's office, the LAPD or the courtroom hallway. 

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Are you going to watch tonight?  And if the answer is no, is it specifically because of who's announcing?

I'm not watching because I  already paid to watch "all games" on MLB. I have no interest in starting an Apple tv account or increasing the amount of spam emails.  No big loss based on how the Angels have been playing. 

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I'm not watching because I  already paid to watch "all games" on MLB. I have no interest in starting an Apple tv account or increasing the amount of spam emails.  No big loss based on how the Angels have been playing. 

You are a true American hero unlike @Taylor, that will bend over for every billion dollar corporation.