• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F1 Racing

i watched a little bit of the race last night on espn 2. no idea who won or where they were racing, but lou said i should watch it, so i did. 

it's starting to grow on me a little bit.

the old man in me doesn't like that they drive over the red-and-white stripes on the corners. it seems like they're driving over a part of the course they're not supposed to, like catching a pass out of bounds.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i watched a little bit of the race last night on espn 2. no idea who won or where they were racing, but lou said i should watch it, so i did. 

the old man in me doesn't like that they drive over the red-and-white stripes on the corners. it seems like they're driving over a part of the course they're not supposed to, like catching a pass out of bounds.

That was the Bahrain Grand Prix. A little something they cooked up to screw up our traffic and overrun us with Eurotrash for a few days every year in the late winter when weather is too bad to race anywhere else. I can't get into it at all. The cars all look alike. There's never any lead passing or lead changes and they don't even look like cars

On 3/3/2024 at 4:06 PM, Tank said:

As long as they don't go all four wheels over the line (track limits) it is allowed.  

At some of the tracks that area is raised curb, so it probably doesn't feel good to exceed the limit.

Exceeding the limits 3 times triggers a 5 second penalty for the driver.

Carlos Sainz of Ferrari has appendicitis and is out of the race this weekend.  In his place is Ollie Bearman, making his F1 debut.  He is only 18 years old.

Ollie qualified in 11th place, just missing the Q3 cutoff, which would have allowed him to challenge for a better starting position.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/f1-news-carlos-sainz-gives-first-update-after-surprise-surgery-a-smooth-operation/ar-BB1jzSjX

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Albon wrecks his Williams team car during P1 practice.  The damage is so extensive that the team cannot repair it before the race.

Williams decided to kick Logan Sargent out of his car and give it to Albon for the race.

When Max Verstappen of the Red Bull team is asked what he would do in Sargent's position, he joke that he would flatten his car and leave.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/max-verstappen-jokes-he-would-flatten-his-car-and-leave-in-logan-sargeant-s-position/ar-BB1kpooR

Logan Sargent should be voted driver of the day.

Edited by Slegnaac

• 1 month later...