• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F1 Racing

My father attended the 1953 24 hours LeMans. He had left the stands to try and get some pictures of the cars during the race. We have some blury slides of Jaguars, Mercedes and Astin Martins as the made their way towards the most tragic racing event ever.

All of the French police that lined the roadway took off running and that is when my father took those pictures. He had no idea that the people that took his seat in the stand were killed by flying debris until hours later. He had run out of film so he never got any pictures of the aftermath. 

16 hours ago, Blarg said:

My father attended the 1953 24 hours LeMans. He had left the stands to try and get some pictures of the cars during the race. We have some blury slides of Jaguars, Mercedes and Astin Martins as the made their way towards the most tragic racing event ever.

All of the French police that lined the roadway took off running and that is when my father took those pictures. He had no idea that the people that took his seat in the stand were killed by flying debris until hours later. He had run out of film so he never got any pictures of the aftermath. 

That's crazy. 

When you look at what they were driving back then, they were just modified production cars. What they are driving now looks like some alien attack craft. No clutch or stick shift, just launch controls on the wheel. It's nuts and looks like suicide but crash tech has made these cars survivable in corner speeds those old LeMans cars could never reach on the straights. 

Been watching Formula 1 for about 15 plus years every race

Been watching Monaco race (same day as Indy 500) for over 40 plus years

I wasn't aware of the Netflix series until about a month ago, but am planning on watching it this summer.

I will be going to the F1 race in Vegas November 2023. Probably will spend a week there due to the many events surrounding the Saturday night race.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Will he have a ride in 2024, or did he burn his career when he left Red Bull?

He could look at it like a $15M pension.

He said he's going to wait and see if something he likes opens up. If not, he's willing to sit out a year and regroup.