• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ White Sox (4/29/22): Herget starting, Fletcher playing SS

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Holy crap, we have a 2.5 game lead in the division.

That's the first time since April 17, 2018

First time they've been 7 games over .500 since June 11, 2018

I hope I get to keep looking up positives as far as their win/loss record and standings. It's a nice change of pace.

6 minutes ago, SurfWriter said:

It was great to see the bullpen take over and rule this game when the starter was scratched.  All except for the screw-up Mayers.  He has a four run lead but only gets one out before walking the next batter and hitting the one after that.  I recall reading that the Angels sent Upton out to pasture primarily to give playing time to the young and upcoming talents, but also freeing up a roster spot for Mike Mayers.  I've never felt confident with that guy on the mound.  WTF is wrong with that guy?  He's got a 8.53 ERA, fortunate that it's not worse, and opposing hitters are batting .250 against him.

I'm feeling more enthusiastic about the Angels at this point, with Ward and Trout hitting the ball with authority and Ohtani starting to look a little more on track at the plate, and the pitching at a surprisingly high level so far. It's still early, but it's nice to have the Angels performing at a pretty high level.  Let's hope they keep the major players healthy and this becomes a longer trend.

You read wrong. The spot he gave up on the roster went to Buttrey.