• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, St1ck said:

So what is your take on DeSantis vs Disney?

Is this supposed to be some kind of 1A gotcha?

Let's break this down nice and simple...

Florida Government: *gives disney special privileges nobody else has*

50 years later...

Disney: "Hey everyone, Florida's government sucks. They must be stopped!"

Florida Government: *gets rid of Disney's special privileges*

Disney:

Surprised Pikachu GIF - Surprised Pikachu Pokemon - Discover & Share GIFs

23 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

50 years later...

Disney:

I read this like it was written in crayon. 

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That sounds delightful.

What Elon was asked about has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. The interviewing asked him about if other board members at Tesla disagree with some of his posts and if some his views could hurt them financially. Elon responded that he doesn't give a fuck. 

The Meatball using his role as governor to punish Disney for speaking out against a bill he signed into law absolutely is against the 1st Amendment. Ronnie D has repeated constantly his reasoning for doing so. 

Also your point about Disney having special privileges no one else has is false. There are multiple districts like that in Florida including geriatric MAGA world The Villages. Universal Studios has something similar.

It’s also not true that only Disney gets those privileges.  The villages which is a reactionary nightmare retirement community from hell has a bunch of similar self governing exemptions.  

I don’t think Disney needs me to defend them and generally I don’t think any corporation or HOA or whatever the fuck should have these kinds of powers.  But might as well call balls and strikes.  It’s not just Disney. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

50 years later...

Disney:

What is your take on DeSantis vs. Trump?

7 hours ago, St1ck said:

What Elon was asked about has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. The interviewing asked him about if other board members at Tesla disagree with some of his posts and if some his views could hurt them financially. Elon responded that he doesn't give a fuck. 

The Meatball using his role as governor to punish Disney for speaking out against a bill he signed into law absolutely is against the 1st Amendment. Ronnie D has repeated constantly his reasoning for doing so. 

Also your point about Disney having special privileges no one else has is false. There are multiple districts like that in Florida including geriatric MAGA world The Villages. Universal Studios has something similar.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s also not true that only Disney gets those privileges.  The villages which is a reactionary nightmare retirement community from hell has a bunch of similar self governing exemptions.  

I don’t think Disney needs me to defend them and generally I don’t think any corporation or HOA or whatever the fuck should have these kinds of powers.  But might as well call balls and strikes.  It’s not just Disney. 

Ok yeah, so I was wrong about that.

Put another way, the size and scope around Reedy Creek makes it more unique than any other special district in the state. Disney can control the infrastructure in this very dense area without having to go through the local county government. Maybe the state too? Not sure. Which, good for them I guess.

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Put another way, the size and scope around Reedy Creek makes it more unique than any other special district in the state. Disney can control the infrastructure in this very dense area without having to go through the state. Which, good for them I guess.

It’s fine.  Can’t know everything. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

But Trump is your boy. This is like choosing between Christianity and Islam.

Lolz.

politicians are a means to an end. I don’t give a shit about them.

unfortunately the “end” is usually which piece of shit party sucks less. I think only very stupid people consider democrats the better option.

14 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lolz.

politicians are a means to an end. I don’t give a shit about them.

unfortunately the “end” is usually which piece of shit party sucks less. I think only very stupid people consider democrats the better option.

Ha ha. It's cute when you pretend like you weren't licking Trump's taint for eight years.

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Put another way, the size and scope around Reedy Creek makes it more unique than any other special district in the state. Disney can control the infrastructure in this very dense area without having to go through the local county government. Maybe the state too? Not sure. Which, good for them I guess.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s fine.  Can’t know everything. 

That's true UTH. I would hope though when someone claims that they were going to "break this down nice and simple..." they would have at least taken a couple minutes to do a Google search to learn basic facts. MAGA definitely had the false confidence that he had a gotcha moment while he just butchered the truth. 

8 minutes ago, St1ck said:

That's true UTH. I would hope though when someone claims that they were going to "break this down nice and simple..." they would have at least taken a couple minutes to do a Google search to learn basic facts. MAGA definitely had the false confidence that he had a gotcha moment while he just butchered the truth. 

Very sad 

9 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Basic facts are woke.

11 minutes ago, St1ck said:

fuck that. The gist of what I said is about right