• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Nope. But I've worked for upper management who were also remote.

It works for some people, not for others. 

Maybe there are jobs that it does.  But for most people in most jobs I doubt it.  It’s a nice thought, but the reality is most people’s homes are too distracting and most people lack the discipline to complete their work at the same rate as if they were in an office situation.

I can’t imagine any legitimate study would conclude anything else.

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Maybe there are jobs that it does.  But for most people in most jobs I doubt it.  It’s a nice thought, but the reality is most people’s homes are too distracting and most people lack the discipline to complete their work at the same rate as if they were in an office situation.

It would make supervising employees a challenge for sure 

1 hour ago, cals said:

Here are a couple from both standpoints:

https://www.apollotechnical.com/working-from-home-productivity-statistics/#:~:text=Performance can increase up to,home increase productivity by 13%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tracybrower/2021/01/17/think-productivity-with-work-from-home-is-improving-think-again-heres-what-you-must-know/?sh=52a501eb2d67

I don't think there's a definitive answer here. I see positives and negatives. 

I can't say from experience because of what I do. I literally cannot work from home. But I'm sure there are people who have increased their productivity and people who got too distracted to be productive. I guess it depends on the specific environment they set up for themselves.

12 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Here are a couple from both standpoints:

https://www.apollotechnical.com/working-from-home-productivity-statistics/#:~:text=Performance can increase up to,home increase productivity by 13%.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tracybrower/2021/01/17/think-productivity-with-work-from-home-is-improving-think-again-heres-what-you-must-know/?sh=52a501eb2d67

I don't think there's a definitive answer here. I see positives and negatives. 

I can't say from experience because of what I do. I literally cannot work from home. But I'm sure there are people who have increased their productivity and people who got too distracted to be productive. I guess it depends on the specific environment they set up for themselves.

There is a trend now where people are getting multiple remote jobs. This was pretty much impossible to do a few years ago and I don’t think it’s a sign of increased productivity.

i worked a lot harder when we went online. had to convert most of my assignments from MS Word into google docs, and the formatting was often a challenge. some things i'd been using couldn't be put on docs, so i either remade them into something similar or just scrapped them completely. lost several videos i'd been using in class and found only a few of them online for free that i could use. it also pushed me to find new things to use with the kids. i liked getting up a bit later and going home a lot earlier, but it was a lot of work in between. i'm looking forward to not having any kids online when we start up again in august. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i worked a lot harder when we went online. had to convert most of my assignments from MS Word into google docs, and the formatting was often a challenge. some things i'd been using couldn't be put on docs, so i either remade them into something similar or just scrapped them completely. lost several videos i'd been using in class and found only a few of them online for free that i could use. it also pushed me to find new things to use with the kids. i liked getting up a bit later and going home a lot earlier, but it was a lot of work in between. i'm looking forward to not having any kids online when we start up again in august. 

That sounds like more work and decreased productivity when working at home.