• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just pissed off a bunch of Astros fans on Twitter

Hubs

They're hilarious. 

They honestly think every team is cheating. I guess that's how I feel about opioids and the dude giving players sticky substances but.. those scandals weren't done with the cooperation of management and ownership.

I honestly feel like the Astros are extremely overrated. Pitching and dominating the AL West is what won them the division in 2021. They were 11-8 against the A's and M's, and 13-6 and 14-5 against the Angels and Rangers. That's 49-27, and went 95-67 on the season, putting them at 46-40 against everyone else. 

Their pitching is not as good as most think it is. They have significant health questions in their rotation with McCullers, Verlander, Odorrozi, and Valdez.

And I think they're still cheating. Losing Springer and now Correa means they are gonna suffer offensively, and they still have a few great hitters, which is of course aided by the persistent sign stealing and advanced cheating metrics they employ. But...if they are caught again, it's gonna be a huge black mark, so maybe they let them keep doing it.

Anyway, I project them at 86 or 87 wins. Another set-back from their 2017-2018-2019 highlight cheating years.

32 minutes ago, Hubs said:

They're hilarious. 

They honestly think every team is cheating. I guess that's how I feel about opioids and the dude giving players sticky substances but.. those scandals weren't done with the cooperation of management and ownership.

I honestly feel like the Astros are extremely overrated. Pitching and dominating the AL West is what won them the division in 2021. They were 11-8 against the A's and M's, and 13-6 and 14-5 against the Angels and Rangers. That's 49-27, and went 95-67 on the season, putting them at 46-40 against everyone else. 

Their pitching is not as good as most think it is. They have significant health questions in their rotation with McCullers, Verlander, Odorrozi, and Valdez.

And I think they're still cheating. Losing Springer and now Correa means they are gonna suffer offensively, and they still have a few great hitters, which is of course aided by the persistent sign stealing and advanced cheating metrics they employ. But...if they are caught again, it's gonna be a huge black mark, so maybe they let them keep doing it.

Anyway, I project them at 86 or 87 wins. Another set-back from their 2017-2018-2019 highlight cheating years.

First I think many teams have health concerns about their rotation. Houston is has more depth than halos do in rotation right now. As far as opioids none of us really know who knew and did not know on Angels. Many players knew as many testified in trial. I also feel players on Houston involved in cheating should have been suspended. They did steal a WS title from Dodgers. Nice to see Joe Kelly in same division as Correa now. On paper Houston is still team to beat in AL west. Angels will know early on as they have 7 games against them early in season. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

No. Post the tweets.

It's dozens upon dozens. They've resorted to name calling and now are insulting me based on my preferred pronouns? I pointed out that the Astros probably are still cheating and I got dozens of responses, including the USA Today Astros Beat writer, Ben DuBose? 

I'm sorry that their favorite team cheated, was not substantially punished, so is likely trying to continue to cheat. The Astros front office, going back to the hacking of the Cardinals system, and tanking for talent, has been populated by people who think they're smarter so they can do whatever they want. Morally bankrupt.

They've won because they get a 15-20% kick on offense, which is substantial. They may not be banging trash cans but these guys are doing something nefarious. 

It's what they do. 

Just now, Hubs said:

It's dozens upon dozens. They've resorted to name calling and now are insulting me based on my preferred pronouns? I pointed out that the Astros probably are still cheating and I got dozens of responses, including the USA Today Astros Beat writer, Ben DuBose? 

I'm sorry that their favorite team cheated, was not substantially punished, so is likely trying to continue to cheat. The Astros front office, going back to the hacking of the Cardinals system, and tanking for talent, has been populated by people who think they're smarter so they can do whatever they want. Morally bankrupt.

They've won because they get a 15-20% kick on offense, which is substantial. They may not be banging trash cans but these guys are doing something nefarious. 

It's what they do. 

Name one player who was on the 2017/2018/2019 team and has had success in another uniform. Stassi is the only one I can think of and he was basically a minor league journeyman.

It saddens me to see Maldonado a part of that, but he's with them now. 

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

First I think many teams have health concerns about their rotation. Houston is has more depth than halos do in rotation right now. As far as opioids none of us really know who knew and did not know on Angels. Many players knew as many testified in trial. I also feel players on Houston involved in cheating should have been suspended. They did steal a WS title from Dodgers. Nice to see Joe Kelly in same division as Correa now. On paper Houston is still team to beat in AL west. Angels will know early on as they have 7 games against them early in season. 

The difference is that this was organizational. No one on the Angels was like, lets give all the players opioids. The travel secretary was involved in a drug ring. The Astros Management, Front Office, and Coaching Staff absolutely knew what the players were doing and it was encouraged. The report was a coverup. This was black sox level cheating and should've been dealt with the same way. But they didn't.

Thanks @jsnpritchett for posting. I don't have twitter logged in on this computer, just my phone.

Also, Its crazy how defensive they are. I got a hundred fuck yous for just suggesting they're still doing what they were caught doing after 2019, and again, why, if it worked and it won you a (tainted) WS, would you stop?

MLB didn't come down hard enough, and well, their fans are still butt hurt. I can't wait until they catch them again and I can drag this whole group of twitter fucks.

47 minutes ago, Hubs said:

The difference is that this was organizational. No one on the Angels was like, lets give all the players opioids. The travel secretary was involved in a drug ring. The Astros Management, Front Office, and Coaching Staff absolutely knew what the players were doing and it was encouraged. The report was a coverup. This was black sox level cheating and should've been dealt with the same way. But they didn't.

I understand completely and MLB did not do enough on coaches or PLAYERS involved. The drugs with Angels many knew that we will never know. Halos were not only team with opioids problem. Too much money at stake for players. MLB was not even testing for opioids until after death of Skaggs. Houston was not punished enough for level of cheating. I hate Dodgers so much I bought a Houston championship jersey after they beat Dodgers before all this came out. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

They are a shitty bunch of people.  Their team cheated and they have one of two responses.  First response, “every team is doing it”.  Second response, “get over it, you jealous baby”.  I hope the Astros fan base stubs their toe.  

This is exactly what I got. That and people calling me dumb or other rude names in poorly written tweets.

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They are a bunch of phony self-absorbed idiots, who probably can’t even last 2 seconds on the Gilley’s mechanical bull.

And their goofy stadium was formerly associated with that upstanding company, Enron.

Figures!

The Astro's stadium is ridiculous.