• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels BP with Stats

Hubs

CL Iglesias 2.57 ERA in 70 IP in 2021. 103 SO, 2.83 FIP & 0.929 WHIP. 2.8 WAR (1)

LHP Loup 0.95 ERA in 56.2 IP in 2021. 57 SO, 2.45 FIP & 0.935 WHIP. 2.8 WAR (1)

RHP Mayers 3.84 ERA in 75 IP in 2021. 90 SO, 3.84 FIP & 1.293 WHIP. 1.5 WAR 

* Mayers in the 2nd half had a 2.78 ERA with a 1.02 WHIP.

RHP Tepera 2.79 ERA in 61.1 IP in 2021. 73 SO, 2.73 FIP & 0.880 WHIP. 1.8 WAR

RHP Bradley 3.71 ERA in 51 IP in 2021, 40 SO, 4.35 FIP & 1.431 WHIP. 0.7 WAR

RHP Warren 1.77 ERA in 20.1 IP in 2021, 20 SO, 2.09 FIP and 1.033 WHIP. 0.9 WAR

Other names include Ramos, Buttrey, Quijada, Barria, Suarez, Lorenzen (if not in rotation), etc.

He’s pretty unlikely to be a major contributor, but reading about Valdez on MLBTR:

”Valdez, who turns 37-years-old today, was designated for assignment by the Orioles at the end of last season and ultimately elected free agency. It makes sense that LA is taking a flier on the well-traveled Valdez, however. Despite last season’s rough bottom-line numbers, Valdez’s changeup ranked as one of the best in the game. Throwing his signature changeup 75% of the time, Valdez was a pro at getting opposing batters to swing at pitches outside of the zone, ranking in the 99th percentile of the league. Further, an uncharacteristically high .380 batting average on balls in play is likely to blame for some of the pitcher’s struggles. A 3.73 SIERA is the simplest metric to suggest that Valdez has plenty left in the tank.”

I’m a little rusty from the winter but if I recall, a big reason Sandoval and Suarez stepped forward last season was excellent use of the change-up, so perhaps the Angels’ are riding a bit of an edge in working with certain pitchers and the off-speed.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

CL Iglesias 2.57 ERA in 70 IP in 2021. 103 SO, 2.83 FIP & 0.929 WHIP. 2.8 WAR (1)

Other names include Ramos, Buttrey, Quijada, Barria, Suarez, Lorenzen (if not in rotation), etc.

This is so much better than most recent years. Love it.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

He’s pretty unlikely to be a major contributor, but reading about Valdez on MLBTR:

I’m a little rusty from the winter but if I recall, a big reason Sandoval and Suarez stepped forward last season was excellent use of the change-up, so perhaps the Angels’ are riding a bit of an edge in working with certain pitchers and the off-speed.

I actually like the Valdez pickup. His peripherals were good. His fastball is obviously awful, but he can really fool batters at times with his changeup. Would be better if he could at least improve his slider to give batters a little change of pace that isn't a straight 85 mph fastball.

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Buttrey was horrible last year and half with halos so he's out. Suarez is in rotation as is Lorenzen to start season. Barria is out of options so he makes it as long man if not traded. I add Quijada need anorher lefty. Ramos first up if injury or someone not to start season.

The best part of having a deep bullpen is hopefully it will work wonders for guys we need to be cautious with like Syndergaard, Ohtani and maybe Sandoval. It will also help Lorenzen with his transition into a starter. I want to say Suarez had struggles when he would reach his third time through the order as well until maybe his last few starts of the season. Now that I think about it, we were in deep shit until today. We still very well could be but I feel a lot better.

Edited by rafibomb

56 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Buttrey was horrible last year and half with halos so he's out. Suarez is in rotation as is Lorenzen to start season. Barria is out of options so he makes it as long man if not traded. I add Quijada need anorher lefty. Ramos first up if injury or someone not to start season.

He did not play last year.

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Barria could also Win the sixth spot and Suarez could end up in the pen. So could Lorenzen

9 hours ago, Hubs said:

Barria could also Win the sixth spot and Suarez could end up in the pen. So could Lorenzen

As of now Angels only have 5 in rotation. With Suarez and Lorenzen in the 5. Barria and Detmers fighting for number 6. With a short spring and if Minasian does add another starter Suarez and Lorenzen start season in rotation. Many things could and will change during season. I feel another starter will be signed soon.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

As of now Angels only have 5 in rotation. With Suarez and Lorenzen in the 5. Barria and Detmers fighting for number 6. With a short spring and if Minasian does add another starter Suarez and Lorenzen start season in rotation. Many things could and will change during season. I feel another starter will be signed soon.

You do realize that you are not correct, ever, right? I think only three are locks, but that's my opinion. There are five probables, but anything can happen, even without an injury like Canning had.

If say Suarez struggles in the spring, and say Barria, Detmers, and Lorenzen are all strong...The rotation might be Ohtani, Syndergaard, Sandoval, Barria, Detmers, and Lorenzen with Suarez in the pen.

Suarez was much better out of the pen than in the rotation in 2021. However, Left handers did better against him (even though he's a lefty).

He had a 4.57 ERA in the 2nd half, and a 4.44 ERA as a starter overall. A 1.98 out of the pen.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

You do realize that you are not correct, ever, right? I think only three are locks, but that's my opinion. There are five probables, but anything can happen, even without an injury like Canning had.

If say Suarez struggles in the spring, and say Barria, Detmers, and Lorenzen are all strong...The rotation might be Ohtani, Syndergaard, Sandoval, Barria, Detmers, and Lorenzen with Suarez in the pen.

Suarez was much better out of the pen than in the rotation in 2021. However, Left handers did better against him (even though he's a lefty).

He had a 4.57 ERA in the 2nd half, and a 4.44 ERA as a starter overall. A 1.98 out of the pen.

I understand what you are saying but this is a short spring injuries play apart. As of today Suarez is penciled in as a starter and in rotation. I am right as of today and like I said things can change. Pitchers will get only 3 maybe 4 appearances this spring. So if season opened today rotation would be Ohtani, Thor, Sandoval, Suarez Lorenzen and new guy.Tyler Anderson

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Trevor Story and Correa are not coming to halos. Maybe you should send your numbers to Minasian and Maddon about Suarez. Also send them Detmers numbers

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Trevor Story and Correa are not coming to halos. Maybe you should send your numbers to Minasian and Maddon about Suarez. Also send them Detmers numbers

If one comes to Anaheim will you take the year off from posting?

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I never said they were. I am vehemently against rewarding a cheater like Correa, and Story while maybe once a fit, after the amount of MINF they brought in no longer makes sense.

Stop being a fucking troll.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If one comes to Anaheim will you take the year off from posting?

If neither do will you quit posting for a season?

I'm of the opinion neither of those players are going to be signed by the Angels. And no, I'm not going to quit posting if one of them does because in the end none of us have control over what the roster will be. We just have our personal wish lists. Mine is Ohtani gets a contract extension which is easier to navigate without a 4th high priced player on the roster.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If neither do will you quit posting for a season?

I'm of the opinion neither of those players are going to be signed by the Angels. And no, I'm not going to quit posting if one of them does because in the end none of us have control over what the roster will be. We just have our personal wish lists. Mine is Ohtani gets a contract extension which is easier to navigate without a 4th high priced player on the roster.

Thanks