• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I might not be, but I get the sense that they're looking to cut a fat hog and probably have multiple suitors which changes the game for this type of trade.  I actually like that sight more than others and think it's typically pretty spot on for most things.  In this case though, I think they're going to get someone to overpay and I'd rather it not be us.  Especially if it damages the major league roster.  

My entire outlook on this team this year changes if they:

Trade for Montas

Sign Story

They do those two things and this team is a real, real contender.

The budget would be perfectly fine and the farm system would not be “gutted” if they built the deal round Marsh.

Just a little side note, Trout is the CF so the value of Marsh’s CF defense isn’t even deliverable to the Angels in the next couple of seasons.

24 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think they're going to get someone to overpay and I'd rather it not be us.

I understand this but I am also sensitive to the concept that whatever team gets the deal is the team that pays the highest price.  You can categorize every trade as somebody “overpaying” (compared to the other offers) or you can categorize it as the correct price to actually land the deal.

I don’t like never making a deal and patting ourselves on the back for not being the team that “overpaid” by offering the best package.

Bridesmaids don’t go on honeymoons.

Edited by Dtwncbad

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My entire outlook on this team this year changes if they:

Trade for Montas

Sign Story

They do those two things and this team is a real, real contender.

The budget would be perfectly fine and the farm system would not be “gutted” if they built the deal round Marsh.

Just a little side note, Trout is the CF so the value of Marsh’s CF defense isn’t even deliverable to the Angels in the next couple of seasons.

If they trade Marsh then they will have to sign a serviceable outfielder.  Marsh is going to be a pretty damn complete player.  I think with Mantas we are a better team, but we can’t go into 2022 with an outfield of Trout, Adell, Upton and Ward.  If we do then it is only a matter of time before we see Wong or Rengifo in the outfield.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If they trade Marsh then they will have to sign a serviceable outfielder.  Marsh is going to be a pretty damn complete player.  I think with Mantas we are a better team, but we can’t go into 2022 with an outfield of Trout, Adell, Upton and Ward.  If we do then it is only a matter of time before we see Wong or Rengifo in the outfield.

So the Angels upgrade the front half of their rotation and then have to sign a “serviceable” OF for depth?

Yes please.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How about Soler? 

28 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If this doesn't have anything to do with Correa then this guy should be fired. Plus his show is hard to listen to.

For Lodge to do an even decent job, shouldn’t he be closer to sources on the team than just observing what cars are in the parking lot?

Is it just me, or is this kind of embarrassing for him as a “professional” covering the team?

He can’t see how dopey this makes him look?

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Stradling said:

This is one of those times where you decide to be stupid. 

Exactly I was just making a point.  I prefer to make roster decisions on improving the starters rather than accept obvious vulnerabilities to avoid a smaller vulnerability in backups.

Yes it was intentionally stupid.