• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte Opposes Raising Luxury Tax

34 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

I’m tired of these damn players wanting more and more money. I wish they could be out here and making 2,000 dollars a month and see how it feels. There are people out here that can’t afford to by things they need or want and can’t have unlike these little crying bitches. They have a nice mansion like house with theater in them, bowling, tennis and basketball court. They have like 3 cars Lamborghini and other expensive cars and they cry like they need more money. They need a cap and stop this crap where trams can’t afford to get great players.

I really don’t care how much they make.  Let them make $100m a year for all I care.  They definitely don’t want you to care about the upside, and I don’t.

But if I offer them the courtesy of “not caring” if they make hundreds of millions, then I also don’t want them trying to make me sympathetic to their (not mine) dispute with the owners.

Go figure it out with your employer and quit asking me to shed a tear for you now.  Can’t have it both ways.

Honestly, so do i, although i suspect for very different reasons than Arte.
It benefits nobody but the teams with endless resources and does nothing to encourage any sort of competitive integrity.
Now you want to talk about the floor instead of the ceiling, im all about that.
3 teams spent over 200M, 11 were under 100... which is the greater problem?
How does giving the Yanks, Dodgers, and Mets even more buying power help anything?
Id include us on that list but its clear Moreno will never go over it so that dream is dead. 

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Everyone and their dog is dragging Arte on Twitter. Love it.

Rough day for the Arte stans on AW

Let me join the parade of AngelsWin analogies:

If Arte Moreno was Donald Trump, twitter would be the Justin Trudeau of social media platforms.

AngelsWin is more like the John Kasich of social media.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Let me join the parade of AngelsWin analogies:

If Arte Moreno was Donald Trump, twitter would be the Justin Trudeau of social media platforms.

AngelsWin is more like the John Kasich of social media.

This ... is surprisingly accurate. Why I prefer AW to Twitter mobs and r/politics.

49 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

We can agree on this! though those two platforms are pretty entertaining for their sheer lunacy sometimes.

I look at both r/politics and r/conservative when I want to see the strawman talking points on both sides of the spectrum.

37 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Genuinely curious, why for this? Do you think the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox etc. should be spending more than they currently do? 

I think he’s bad because he’s grossly understaffed the Angels development system for years.  He’s made no apparent effort to change.  When the pandemic hit he scaled scouting back even more.  Over what ? Several hundred thousand dollars - if that even ?  The way he runs his team has produced results and they speak for themselves.  Arte bad imo. 

Edited by UndertheHalo