• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

2 putt to win it.  

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

• 1:35 p.m. — Hideki Matsuyama, Cameron Smith
  • 1:46 p.m. — Bryson DeChambeau, Tom Kim
  • 1:57 p.m. — Ryutaro Nagano, Xander Schauffele
  • 2:08 p.m. — Dustin Johnson, Harris English
  • 2:19 p.m. — Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy
  • 2:30 p.m. — Rickie Fowler, Wyndham Clark 

I would not have put Clark in the top 4 maybe 5, when the day started.

On 6/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, Blarg said:

Rory McIlroy with be in the third group on the last day and end up tied for 7th overall after a roller coaster round that he scratches out par. 

Well, I guessed he was going to scratch out par to lose and he did. He had so many puts just an inch from birdie all day. 

16 hours ago, Tank said:

i've heard recently some growing criticism of azinger as an anlayst. he's earned that criticism today. 

Azinger is a shitty Golf commentator.  He makes Johnny Miller sound like Vin Scully.  He got absolutely roasted on social media over the weekend and usually I don’t give a shit what people say on social media, but this weekend they were spot on.  

5 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I saw this happen yesterday as we were watching it.  This is insane.  I’m glad it didn’t cost Sargent the low amateur of the tournament.  But this was nuts.

It's amazing that this would happen in a US Open.  I've had it happen at shit muni's that rarely cut the holes.  But to putt it perfectly in the back of the cup, and have it pop out, at the US Open is quite embarrassing.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It's amazing that this would happen in a US Open.  I've had it happen at shit muni's that rarely cut the holes.  But to putt it perfectly in the back of the cup, and have it pop out, at the US Open is quite embarrassing.  

What the USGA is saying is that the group in front of Sargent’s group pulled the pin and messed up the inner cup of the hole.  So the ball hit the plastic and bounced out.  I’m thinking if you are a caddie, and you are a caddie for a PGA tour pro, and you are caddying in a major tournament….you should know better.

Like you said GB, this is a major tournament, not your local muni.  This could have had major implications. Lucky it didn’t.

On 6/19/2023 at 5:15 PM, gotbeer said:

yeah, that was something i've never seen before with the exception of a mini golf course.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:14 PM, PattyD22 said:

What the USGA is saying is that the group in front of Sargent’s group pulled the pin and messed up the inner cup of the hole.  So the ball hit the plastic and bounced out.  I’m thinking if you are a caddie, and you are a caddie for a PGA tour pro, and you are caddying in a major tournament….you should know better.

Like you said GB, this is a major tournament, not your local muni.  This could have had major implications. Lucky it didn’t.

thanks for the explanation. 

• 2 weeks later...

It had to kill Morikawa to shoot a final round 64 then blow the best drive in the playoff with an over cooked wedge into the rough after Fowler dug his second out of the rough for a 12 footer for the win. And Hadwin nearly sunk his birdie from over 20 feet away. Quite the ending. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Man, that looks like something you’d see from the 75 year old on the muni course you were paired with. The only thing missing is the ball retriever for the water holes where he spends 15 minutes looking for that Kirkland ball he bought at Costco. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

My brother plays Kirklands. They are crappy but you get 48 for the price of a 12 pack of Pro V1s and they look almost the same splashing down in a lake. 

excellent! i hope he shoots par.