• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What’s left on your sports bucket list?

Tank

13 hours ago, Tank said:

the indy 500 is a good one but i did something better there. after i graduated from 8th grade we took a family trip to the midwest. one of our stops was the raceway. we got to take a bus tour on the track and see everything from a driver's perspective (okay, not quite as low to the ground but you get the point). it was great. 

I rode in a Pantera for 2 laps around the Fontana Race Track.

On 1/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, Tank said:

the indy 500 is a good one but i did something better there. after i graduated from 8th grade we took a family trip to the midwest. one of our stops was the raceway. we got to take a bus tour on the track and see everything from a driver's perspective (okay, not quite as low to the ground but you get the point). it was great. 

if i were to go to indy now it would be to play the golf course that's part of the infield. i really don't care about seeing the race in person unless one of you wants to hook me up with some great tickets. and by great i mean free Pit Passes.

FIFY

Edited by Slegnaac

On 1/7/2022 at 10:06 AM, Lou said:

Masters

IPL T20 game

Kentucky Derby

Winter Olympics

Charros de Jalisco game

Been to just about every other major sporting event. 

The Indy 500? I couldn't imagine a more boring event to attend. 

Other than those listed, i would add attending CFB games at specific stadiums. For example: 

LSU (sat night game)

VA Tech

Georgia

Clemson

Michigan

I've been to the Historical races at Laguna Seca and other than the final turn that was a hairpin where cars were likely to hit the wall, very few vantage points as a spectator are all that exciting after a while. The most fun was having a pit pass and getting a chance meet and talk with Phil Hill and Sterling Moss. 

I’ve been pretty lucky to where all of my favorite teams in all the sports I follow have won their respective championship.

Nothing feels like a must do other than The Masters, but so many people talk about how golf live is pretty boring.

Three things I’ll do or want to do, but if they don’t happen I won’t cry about it:

1) Go to The Masters

2) Go to Old Trafford 

3) Play in the $10k buy-in WSOP Main Event (surprised I haven’t done this yet)

4) Go to an F1 race

Moto GP at Mugello (near Florence).  The Catalunya (Barcelona) track as well.  I doubt there is a motorsport event with a greater party atmosphere.  Only regret is that I couldn't see Mugello before Valentino Rossi retired.  Not that he's my favorite rider but he was a true legend and had an incredible worldwide fanbase that the Spaniards envied.

Also, would love to see the Derby, and US hockey vs Sweden or Russia in the Winter Games.  I don't know if I'd be disappointed seeing it live or not but I've always enjoyed the biathlon.  Seeing guys cross country ski, then have to calm their heart rate down in order to do precision rifle shooting connects with me.