• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What’s left on your sports bucket list?

Tank

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Play Augusta, Pebble Beach (I'm actually surprised I never have done this one) and St. Andrews.  Go to Kentucky Derby, Ducks Stanley Cup final game.  

We went in 2016 and it was awesome.  It's definitely a great experience.  I'd love to go again.

Follow England on a Caribbean cricket tour.

Go to a T20 game in India.

Watch the Angels live in a post-season game (this one is really far-fetched).

Fly-fish in a remote glacial fed lake (probably in Canada).

Bowl a perfect wicket maiden (I've done that once before, but the umpire should have called a wide (ball) so I don't count it).

Attend The Masters is probably tops on the list, followed by the Kentucky Derby and the Indianapolis 500.  

I’ve been lucky enough to attend 1 Super Bowl (Rose Bowl), 1 World Series (Anaheim), 1 Stanley Cup (Staples Center), and 1 National Championship game (Phoenix).  I have ZERO need to attend anything NBA.  None.

25 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Attend The Masters is probably tops on the list, followed by the Kentucky Derby and the Indianapolis 500.  

I’ve been lucky enough to attend 1 Super Bowl (Rose Bowl), 1 World Series (Anaheim), 1 Stanley Cup (Staples Center), and 1 National Championship game (Phoenix).  I have ZERO need to attend anything NBA.  None.

I haven't watched a basketball game since I was in high school 

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Indy 500 is a good one.  But I'd get bored on the constant left turns.  

One of these days I have to go to a Winternationals in Pomona.  

I went to the finals of the NCAA Hockey Championships when it was played in Anaheim.  That might have been my favorite game ever.  It didn't hurt that it went to OT.  And the goalies were playing out of their minds.  

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Indy 500 is a good one.  But I'd get bored on the constant left turns.  

One of these days I have to go to a Winternationals in Pomona.  

I went to the finals of the NCAA Hockey Championships when it was played in Anaheim.  That might have been my favorite game ever.  It didn't hurt that it went to OT.  And the goalies were playing out of their minds.  

The Indy 500 is just an amazing sports spectacle.  Like the Kentucky Derby.  The race would be awesome, but it’s all the build up and gala that would be special.

If you haven’t been to the Winternationals @gotbeerdo yourself a favor and go.  The drag races are pretty amazing.  Loud as hell.  If you want to go, shoot me an E mail.  I have a connection.

the indy 500 is a good one but i did something better there. after i graduated from 8th grade we took a family trip to the midwest. one of our stops was the raceway. we got to take a bus tour on the track and see everything from a driver's perspective (okay, not quite as low to the ground but you get the point). it was great. 

if i were to go to indy now it would be to play the golf course that's part of the infield. i really don't care about seeing the race in person unless one of you wants to hook me up with some great tickets. and by great i mean free.

i'm going to add the olympics to my list. i'd like to see swimming and diving events plus the men's 200 meter track final. i'm going to try like mad to get tickets to these events in 2028.

if i could go to the winter olympics, i'd want to see the men's downhill ski final and one of those ice skating races on the bmx kind of course.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm going to add the olympics to my list. i'd like to see swimming and diving events plus the men's 200 meter track final. i'm going to try like mad to get tickets to these events in 2028.

if i could go to the winter olympics, i'd want to see the men's downhill ski final and one of those ice skating races on the bmx kind of course.

I've always wanted to see the ski jumps. It looks absolutely nutty on tv I can't imagine watching it in person.

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I've always wanted to see the ski jumps. It looks absolutely nutty on tv I can't imagine watching it in person.

@tdawg87if you’re ever in Park City, Utah, they have a Winter Olympic training facility there.  They have a bobsled track, luge track and a 90 meter and 120 meter ski jump hill.  You can sit there and watch them practice all day.  It’s jaw dropping to watch.  

You can stand right next to the luge track and watch these guys and gals fly by at 90 mph.  I mean RIGHT next to the track.

6FC45B8C-95FA-4FE2-845C-A280E7AF09BE.jpeg

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

@tdawg87if you’re ever in Park City, Utah, they have a Winter Olympic training facility there.  They have a bobsled track, luge track and a 90 meter and 120 meter ski jump hill.  You can sit there and watch them practice all day.  It’s jaw dropping to watch.  

You can stand right next to the luge track and watch these guys and gals fly by at 90 mph.  I mean RIGHT next to the track.

6FC45B8C-95FA-4FE2-845C-A280E7AF09BE.jpeg

one of my students was telling me just yesterday that on a family summer trip, they went to this place in park city. they were able to take an innertube off of one of the training ski jumps, and he said it was an absolute blast.