• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Does Hamilton Even Care

SigBaby

Hamilton doesn't care because of Jesus?  Lol, that is a new one.

I will never get how people think someone doesn't care based on outward emotion.

Also: like clockwork

I'm not sure how this jesus thing came up, but I would have thought that after being benched in favor for Harris and being pinch hit over by Brad Hawpe, Hamilton would at least be running hard down the line and making an effort to take pitches. Today he had some good ab's. Not just the homer, but the opposite field line drives

"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."-Karl Marx

"Their so-called religion acts merely as an opiate: irritating, numbing, calming their pain out of weakness."-Novalis

"Marx was wrong--religion is not the opiate of the masses, baseball is."-Madalyn Murray O'Hair

There are certain (cultish) churches that submit all worldly thoughts, needs, and desires to God's will, to the point of not even allowing children to receive health care. There were a couple of instances of such that were news items while I lived in Portland.

There is a parallel between Stoic philosophy (not concerning oneself with worldly things , the greatest good is living a virtuous life) and some Christian sects (indeed, Stoic thought was instrumental in the original spread of Christianity during the Roman Empire). Some Stoics also believed that our destiny was preordained prior to our birth, which is a preeminent thought in Calvinism and early Scottish Presbyterianism.

Some athletes, once they become Christian, seem to have an inner peace, which some may confuse with not caring, although some have probably not cared or have been "too blessed to be stressed" about their on-field performance, because their home and spiritual lives were more important than their athletic pursuits.

Am I saying that this is Hamilton's issue? No. Clearly, he was already religious when he had his MVP year and his other good years while in Texas. In fact, in his case, his spirituality probably allowed him to be successful because it was his way out of the dark abyss that his life had become. But, for some athletes, their spiritual pursuits have gotten in the way of their athletic pursuits, and, indeed, have become more important to some than being the best athlete they could be (I'm looking at you, Tim Tebow).

Hamilton's struggles aren't because he's a Christian. They are because he has failed to adjust to how he has been pitched for the last year. Maybe he's stubborn. Christians certainly aren't immune to character flaws.

Sorry AO, I was asking cezero that posted the quotes. I agree that he should be doing everything in his control to fix his issues, not to say he hasn't, like all of you I have no idea if he is or not.

No prob, it was good to see him hit one out tonight, granted against Harang, and have 2 hits total. If he's going to K twice in an inning, at least it was in the middle of a 7 run inning.

fan_since79, on 17 Jun 2013 - 2:52 PM, said:snapback.png

It's too simple, really.

Pitchers got wise and no longer throw heat over the middle.

Josh didn't get wise and continues to swing at almost everything.

It seems like it wouldn't take 7 years for pitchers to figure that out.

To be fair, most of the pitchers were reacting to AO telling them to quit nibbling and just throw strikes.

fan_since79, on 17 Jun 2013 - 2:52 PM, said:snapback.png

To be fair, most of the pitchers were reacting to AO telling them to quit nibbling and just throw strikes.

Wouldn't YOU get tired of constantly being called Nibs Nibbler?