• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thor to wear Adenhart's #34

Sam Blum@SamBlum3
· Dec 17
The family of Nick Adenhart is happy that his No. 34 is being worn by Noah Syndergaard. No Angels player has worn it since Adenhart was killed in 2009. “I hope he wins the Cy Young wearing No. 34.” Story w/ details on why he decided to use the number: https://theathletic.com/3021460/2021/12/17/there-could-be-no-one-better-nick-adenharts-family-happy-his-no-34-angels-jersey-will-be-worn-by-noah-syndergaard/

While the family may be happy, I am not.

Certain things should stay how they are. The team unofficially didn't wear his number again, for over 10 seasons. It would have been one thing if someone like Weaver changed his number to 34, to honor Nick, but for a new Angel to come in wearing that number, because he didn't want to change it, is a bit much for me.

And I'm sure I'm not alone, but yeah, I thought he'd change his number. Makes me like Thor a little less.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

While the family may be happy, I am not.

Certain things should stay how they are. The team unofficially didn't wear his number again, for over 10 seasons. It would have been one thing if someone like Weaver changed his number to 34, to honor Nick, but for a new Angel to come in wearing that number, because he didn't want to change it, is a bit much for me.

And I'm sure I'm not alone, but yeah, I thought he'd change his number. Makes me like Thor a little less.

Why do you care, especially if the family doesn't?  I've personally always thought the issue of who could/couldn't wear a number was kind of silly, anyway.  But in this case, if the dead guy's family is cool with it, who cares? 

On 12/18/2021 at 6:49 PM, Stax said:
Sam Blum@SamBlum3
· Dec 17
The family of Nick Adenhart is happy that his No. 34 is being worn by Noah Syndergaard. No Angels player has worn it since Adenhart was killed in 2009. “I hope he wins the Cy Young wearing No. 34.” Story w/ details on why he decided to use the number: https://theathletic.com/3021460/2021/12/17/there-could-be-no-one-better-nick-adenharts-family-happy-his-no-34-angels-jersey-will-be-worn-by-noah-syndergaard/

That would be great.

On 12/17/2021 at 1:53 PM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Currently an inmate at the Ironwood State Prison in Blythe, Gallo will be eligible for his first parole hearing in 2028.Apr 8, 2019

I got a call from a headhunter several years ago who wanted to know if I was interested in taking over the medical department at Ironwood.

I remember talking to a nursing director from CDCR. He told me that if the temperature went above 90 degrees, they didn't let inmates out on the yard. I told him that if we took the same stance, our population would be locked down nine months out of the year.