• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs sign Stroman

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Really long term deals for pitchers (more than four years) is insane. So many things can go wrong. When a pitcher gets into his thirties he is more at risk injury wise. The more wear and tear, the higher the risk. Stuff wise, velocity usually drops down. How he adapts depends on the individual. Many do figure out new ways to maximize their strengths and compensate for what isn't a strength anymore. Kershaw is a current example. But look at his medical history. 

Better to put money and resources into scouting and development and hope for quality results at lower cost for half a dozen years. Veterans need to be part of the mix of course, but unless the team is a serious championship contender the risk may too severe long term. It's easy to lose rationality and fantasize about one player making a  monumental difference on a flawed team. It excites the fans and raises expectations. 

Very well said, couldn't agree more with this statement. 

Calling my shot now: Losing out on Stroman just isn't that big of a deal. The more I look into him, the more I am convinced that he is overrated. I think losing out on Ray, Scherzer, and Gausman were much more disappointing. There are still PLENTY of options at SP (both free agency and in the trade market) and I am still reasonably confident that we will add another mid-rotation option.

I am more concerned about SS and Catcher, since the options at those spots appear to be dwindling fast. 

13 hours ago, True Grich said:

Chicago has always been one of my favorite cities. Crime and shootings everywhere. Beyond excited to pitch in front one of gangs and criminals. Thank you to everyone in the city for the warm welcome. I’m packing heat. Let’s get to work! @Cubs

"Thicc pizza, and thicc females, ya heard"

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I get that feeling.... just feels like he wasnt on the radar. 

Im still pissed about Ray. I wasnt big on him, but the team supposedly was... and never even set up a meeting. Lame.

So you have a feeling that it seems like they supposedly probably didn’t even feel like they might not have maybe wanted to?

Yeah that’s lame.