• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If Angels sign Alex Wood and Noah Syndergaard would you be happy with that? Both would seem to fit in a 6 man rotation on shorter deals and less money. Sign a SS or spend money on bullpen. In today's game 5 or 6 inn out of starters is good.

I would if they're healthy and they also supplement other areas of the roster (ie. bullpen)

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Some teams value defense.

Oh, sure, but C defense doesn't seem to be something the Braves are lacking.  d'Arnaud is good defensively.  Contreras didn't show much this season, but is generally considered at least an average defensive C--and Langeliers' D is great.  Just seems like committing $8M more over 2 years to a backup in an area where you've got solid to great depth is unusual.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

i think i'm the only one who'll feel this way, but i'd push hard to sign both scherzer and verlander for three years each. tell them it'll be our version of randy johnson and curt schilling, and just flat out go for it for the next three years. 

Why are you telling us instead of ordering a macho combo, and selling them of how if they play here, del taco is open 24 hours a day?

2 hours ago, mmc said:

bummer.  a shade spendy but I'd have done that deal.  Not that it's the end all be all (can we stop caveating WAR with this btw.  don't we all know by now?) but he's produced about 6 WAR in 1226 PA.  His defense is great and he's only slightly below avg with the bat.  Something I'd take from a second C in a heartbeat.  

that's two guys off my list of who I'd have been happy with in Pina and Rodriguez.  Just a reminder that I have no friggin clue what they're gonna do this off season but I'm honestly concerned.  

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

bummer.  a shade spendy but I'd have done that deal.  Not that it's the end all be all (can we stop caveating WAR with this btw.  don't we all know by now?) but he's produced about 6 WAR in 1226 PA.  His defense is great and he's only slightly below avg with the bat.  Something I'd take from a second C in a heartbeat.  

that's two guys off my list of who I'd have been happy with in Pina and Rodriguez.  Just a reminder that I have no friggin clue what they're gonna do this off season but I'm honestly concerned.  

Gomes could be another option.

12 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

If Angels sign Alex Wood and Noah Syndergaard would you be happy with that? Both would seem to fit in a 6 man rotation on shorter deals and less money. Sign a SS or spend money on bullpen. In today's game 5 or 6 inn out of starters is good.

I'd only consider them as either/or.  If they sign two starters, one of them have to be considered as being on the higher end of probability regarding being able to pitch to their apex.  That can't really be said about either of those two, at least at this point, both having come off serious injuries and significant downtime.