• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: World Series 2021 Astros/Braves

8 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

No one said it would be easy. You have bury the Astros when you have a chance or suffer the consequences. But they did win in Houston and took two of three at home. Realistically  can you expect more? But the Braves have two more opportunities. And at least there will be more drama for neutral fans. 

No team so consistently crushes the souls of their fans as the Braves. They repeatedly tantalize you with "This could be the year", only to fold in the end. I ceased being optimistic last night. They had a 4-0 lead at home, and within two innings it was gone. I know what lies ahead. I pray that I am wrong, but I have been through this too many times only to wind up disappointed.

I have a Cuban cigar sitting in my humidor waiting for the grand occasion. I had planned to pull it out last night. Instead I chose one of my cheap seconds. It seemed appropriate.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

They got way too cute with Davidson. He had nothing going from the start and he was lucky to get out of the first unscathed. Then they just kept sending him out there until they blew the entire lead and lost momentum. That's what you get for treating the game like some July throwaway and not the deciding game of the WS. Typical Braves. 

3 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They got way too cute with Davidson. He had nothing going from the start and he was lucky to get out of the first unscathed. Then they just kept sending him out there until they blew the entire lead and lost momentum. That's what you get for treating the game like some July throwaway and not the deciding game of the WS. Typical Braves. 

Very well put. They didn't play like "Let's win it at home tonight", they played like "We have three games to win one." That kind of thinking gets you beat.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

sure I hope Atlanta wins but who really gives a shit either way.  

I want the braves to win. Just because its good to see new blood.

But if houston wins, i get to continue my passive aggressive trolling of my dodger buddies with the "it obviously wasnt trashcans, see. They were just better than you guys."

So either way it works until spring training

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

...and now the lead is gone.

Welcome to my postseason world.

As a lifelong Cubs fan, I feel your pain.

The pitching edge is squarely in the Braves favor now..and there is the Dumbsty factor..so keep the faith.

It's been a fun series to watch but my mute button is being tested with the Chop and the horrible commercials (the Serena one is especially annoying and it is being shown every half inning)

I still think the Braves have a huge advantage and should prevail. 

22 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

It's been a fun series to watch but my mute button is being tested with the Chop...

I hate the chop for two reasons: It came from Florida State (I'm a Florida alumnus), and it reminds me that Deion Sanders once played for the Braves. Sanders is a narcissistic Nole who abandoned the team during a World Series to play in a game for the Falcons as a self-promoting publicity stunt. He wasn't worth a damn for the rest of the series once he returned - and he didn't tell the team that he planned to do it.

Sanders brought the chop and the chant to Atlanta. It is a staple at FSU football games and other athletic events. Their band plays it incessantly. As one of my band buddies at UF put it, "It makes you want to lob a grenade into the stands."

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No team so consistently crushes the souls of their fans as the Braves. They repeatedly tantalize you with "This could be the year", only to fold in the end. I ceased being optimistic last night. They had a 4-0 lead at home, and within two innings it was gone. I know what lies ahead. I pray that I am wrong, but I have been through this too many times only to wind up disappointed.

I have a Cuban cigar sitting in my humidor waiting for the grand occasion. I had planned to pull it out last night. Instead I chose one of my cheap seconds. It seemed appropriate.

Angels #1 for me but Braves will always be a close #2.....I'm actually somewhat optimistic....if either Fried or Anderson pitches the way they are capable, I think they win.....if Morton doesn't get hurt, it's over last night.....but I'm still optimistic....

30 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Getting rid of that fucking tomahawk chant is the best reason for shitcanning all the Native related team names 

I think it would be funny of that in order to appease the people who hate native names, all the teams were renamed "dances with wolves" and "pocahantas" and stuff like that to start a whole new argument.

"The Tantos" would be a good one.

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I hate the chop for two reasons: It came from Florida State (I'm a Florida alumnus), and it reminds me that Deion Sanders once played for the Braves. Sanders is a narcissistic Nole who abandoned the team during a World Series to play in a game for the Falcons as a self-promoting publicity stunt. He wasn't worth a damn for the rest of the series once he returned - and he didn't tell the team that he planned to do it.

Sanders brought the chop and the chant to Atlanta. It is a staple at FSU football games and other athletic events. Their band plays it incessantly. As one of my band buddies at UF put it, "It makes you want to lob a grenade into the stands."

I like the chop, but understand the sentiment based on how it got to Atlanta.

F Deion