• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Rodriguez out for the season

mmc

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

But how serious is this injury? Is it something that may not heal by spring training? 

I'm sure the AW Medical Staff has all of the answers.  I have no doubt someone's brother-in-law's cousin had a similar injury back in Pony League and will inform us as to the healing process.  

Lat strains in pitchers typically aren't that serious, unless it's a tear, as I understand. 6-8 weeks usually, if I remember correctly. 

I'm guessing this one probably wasn't too serious, like most lat strains. But if they were going to limit his innings this season anyway, this would be a good way to do it, while also ensuring he has a normal off-season. 

Kind of the same with Detmers. The team isn't contending, they got their exposure, might as well use this as an opportunity to rest up and get a normal off-season in, before competing next year. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

I'm sure the AW Medical Staff has all of the answers.  I have no doubt someone's brother-in-law's cousin had a similar injury back in Pony League and will inform us as to the healing process.  

How is Tiger doing these days, out of the boot yet? 

Not pretending at all but also not being an asshole trying to shame everyone that doesn't follow your lead. Not much info, Woods hasn't done much public speaking in regards to his recovery. 

https://thespun.com/more/golf/report-tiger-woods-recovery-leg-surgery-golf-future

“This has been an entirely different animal,” Woods said, via Golf Digest. “I understand more of the rehab processes because of my past injuries, but this was more painful than anything I have ever experienced.”

https://thespun.com/more/golf/steve-stricker-gives-major-update-tiger-woods-status-recovery-golf-return

“I’ve talked to Tiger a lot. He’s a part of this Ryder Cup family, he won’t be able to be a captain’s assistant this time around just because of his ongoing rehabilitation to try to get better and try to play golf again and that is going well,” Stricker said, via SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not pretending at all but also not being an asshole trying to shame everyone that doesn't follow your lead. Not much info, Woods hasn't done much public speaking in regards to his recovery. 

https://thespun.com/more/golf/report-tiger-woods-recovery-leg-surgery-golf-future

“This has been an entirely different animal,” Woods said, via Golf Digest. “I understand more of the rehab processes because of my past injuries, but this was more painful than anything I have ever experienced.”

https://thespun.com/more/golf/steve-stricker-gives-major-update-tiger-woods-status-recovery-golf-return

“I’ve talked to Tiger a lot. He’s a part of this Ryder Cup family, he won’t be able to be a captain’s assistant this time around just because of his ongoing rehabilitation to try to get better and try to play golf again and that is going well,” Stricker said, via SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio. 

Nobody cares. 

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, nothing structural.   He's not had a repeat of the back injury now in over two years -- basically since the surgery he's not had issues.

This makes me happy. This team needs him. If he and Detmers even reach 75% of their potential we're in damn good shape....but the defense.

Fuck.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Its really hard imagining this guy being a major league starter. Consider his professional IP by year:

2016: 11.1

2017: 57.0

2018: 0

2019: 9.1

2020: 0

2021: 50.0

Total: 127.2

That's it! He's been a pro for six years now, and hasn't even pitched 130 innings.

Well, his arm should be fresh!

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Its really hard imagining this guy being a major league starter. Consider his professional IP by year:

2016: 11.1

2017: 57.0

2018: 0

2019: 9.1

2020: 0

2021: 50.0

Total: 127.2

That's it! He's been a pro for six years now, and hasn't even pitched 130 innings.

He's 23. I don't think it's entirely fair to say "he's been pro for six years now". He missed 2 years to a back injury.

Ohtani hasn't exactly had a great track record. But he's likely our "ace".

Just now, tdawg87 said:

He's 23. I don't think it's entirely fair to say "he's been pro for six years now". He missed 2 years to a back injury.

Ohtani hasn't exactly had a great track record. But he's likely our "ace".

And of course one year to covid. But the injuries are the thing. Saying "he missed two years to back injury" is my point. He can't stay healthy. 

38 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

And of course one year to covid. But the injuries are the thing. Saying "he missed two years to back injury" is my point. He can't stay healthy. 

I don't disagree. In fact I said at one point he likely ends up in the pen.

But these are the things I actually hold any kind of hope for. He has more potential than any pitcher in this system. He's shown he can get MLB hitters out without even using his best pitch. And given his age I think he's right about where he should be. He just doesn't have the time to prove it. But I think he's shown it, physically.

33 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't disagree. In fact I said at one point he likely ends up in the pen.

But these are the things I actually hold any kind of hope for. He has more potential than any pitcher in this system. He's shown he can get MLB hitters out without even using his best pitch. And given his age I think he's right about where he should be. He just doesn't have the time to prove it. But I think he's shown it, physically.

I hear you. But I'm just thinking that, if we're honest, the chances of him being a successful, durable starter aren't great. He might be better off going all in as a reliever, eventual closer. I mean, the Angels have plenty of starting options at this point, especially with the emergence of Suarez as a bonafide starter. 

I mean, obviously if it is the choice between him being a #2 starter and an elite reliever, I'd take the former. But if may be a choice between an oft-injured #2-3 and a healthy elite reliever. The latter is starting to sound more tempting.

But as you say, he's 23, and the choice doesn't need to be made now.