• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

won't somebody please think of the children!

Say a boyfriend and girlfriend are hanging out. No condoms. Do you think they are more likely to have sex if:

A. The morning-after pill can be picked up at CVS.

B. The morning-after pill requires parental consent and a prescription.

Now that I think of it, horny teenage boys are going to be way more excited about this than love-seeking teenage girls.

I'd like to hear a female perspective on this.

Say a boyfriend and girlfriend are hanging out. No condoms. Do you think they are more likely to have sex if:

A. The morning-after pill can be picked up at CVS.

B. The morning-after pill requires parental consent and a prescription.

Now that I think of it, horny teenage boys are going to be way more excited about this than love-seeking teenage girls.

I'd like to hear a female perspective on this.

The CVS will also have condoms.

As someone who works with teenagers, their tendency is to procrastinate and go for the instant gratification. (Then again, that's most adults too).

The dude would much rather have his girl go buy morning-after pills the next day than drive to CVS now to buy condoms.

Teenage or even younger girls often get a working set of ovaries long before they develop the skills to manage them. This leaves you to either restrict the ones who can manage this last resort option and use it as intended or pass restrictions in an attempt to save the less ready ones from themselves. To play up the "medical procedure that needs a doctor and parent supervision" to me seems hyperbolic and agenda driven. Rather than create Reefer Madness; the Morning After Edition maybe just once we should tell them the full, true story about something and handle it at the family level instead of the federal one.

Hyperbolic to you? It is putting something in a child's body that can have serious side effects and interactions especially if not used properly. That seems important enough to me to require parent consent and/or doctor prescription and counseling. Requiring this is not "handling" it at a federal level. 

Uh, nice spin out of context HM. Having a law that requires parental consent for drugs or medical procedures, which is already a legal right by the way, is not handling teen pregnancy issues at the federal level which is what was being referred to in the post that I commented to. It's about simply mandating that companies cannot sell direct to a child under the age of majority without parental consent. There is no interference to the family dynamic, a parent's right to decide on the behalf of their children, or forcing them to do anything. But even that isn't what was done here, there was no law created. Rather, the court decided that a parent's legal rights did not apply to this situation. This was just more whittling away at our rights.